NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.
Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on… A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world.
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style.
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60 frames per second and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customize a loadout that caters to their playstyle.
- Utilize the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air. Pods can be enhanced throughout the game, with upgrades including new attack methods and variations.
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions.
NieR: Automata News
NieR: Automata shipments and digital sales top six million; NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 tops one million
NieR series TGS 2020 Online ‘New Info’ special set for September 24, ‘Mostly No New Info’ special for September 26
Gravity Rush 2 free NieR: Automata 2B collaboration costume DLC launches April 27 in Japan, May 5 in the west
NieR: Automata details amusement park, submerged city, unarmed motions, mounts, fishing, and jukebox
NieR: Automata GalleriesView full gallery
January 31, 2019
December 11, 2018
June 10, 2018
April 17, 2017
February 22, 2017
January 22, 2017
December 21, 2016
December 5, 2016
December 7, 2016
November 29, 2016
November 23, 2016
November 8, 2016
November 1, 2016
October 25, 2016
September 17, 2016
September 15, 2016
September 13, 2016
August 17, 2016
August 3, 2016
June 14, 2016
April 21, 2016
October 29, 2015
June 16, 2015