Square Enix announced the first downloadable content for NieR: Automata during its “One Million Shipments Commemoration” live stream today.
The downloadable content, titled “3C3C1D119440927,” will launch on May 2 for 1,500 yen in Japan and is “coming soon” in North America and Europe. It will include three new colosseums to challenge, plus additional sub-quests. Upon completion of these quests, players can earn various rewards, including:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- “Revealing Outfit” (in the style of Kaine) for 2B
- “Young Man’s Outfit” (in the style of young Nier) for 9S
- “Destroyer Outfit” (in the style of young adult Nier) for A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
Here’s a look at some of the costumes:
You can enjoy the colosseum challenges by meeting various conditions, and clearing battles will allow you to acquire various rewards, such as the costumes and hairspray. The colosseum has scenarios in addition to battles, as well as considerably difficult battles for speedrun-style players.
Enemies confirmed to appear in the Colosseum include Square Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda, and PlatinumGames president and CEO Kenichi Sato. Defeating them will get you significantly good items.
NieR: Automata is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC.
Watch gameplay of the downloadable content below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.