Monster Hunter: World is an action role-playing video game developed and published by Capcom.
Welcome to a new world! Take on the role of a hunter and slay ferocious monsters in a living, breathing ecosystem where you can use the landscape and its diverse inhabitants to get the upper hand. Hunt alone or in co-op with up to three other players, and use materials collected from fallen foes to craft new gear and take on even bigger, badder beasts!
- Overview – Battle gigantic monsters in epic locales. As a hunter, you’ll take on quests to hunt monsters in a variety of habitats.
Take down these monsters and receive materials that you can use to create stronger weapons and armor in order to hunt even more dangerous monsters. In Monster Hunter: World, the latest installment in the series, you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal to hunt monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.
- Setting – Once every decade, elder dragons trek across the sea to travel to the land known as the New World in a migration referred to as the Elder Crossing. To get to the bottom of this mysterious phenomenon, the Guild has formed the Research Commission, dispatching them in large fleets to the New World. As the Commission sends its Fifth Fleet in pursuit of the colossal elder dragon, Zorah Magdaros, one hunter is about to embark on a journey grander than anything they could have ever imagined.
- A World That Breathes Life – There are various locations teeming with wildlife. Expeditions into these locales are bound to turn up interesting discoveries.
A Diverse Arsenal, and an Indispensable Partner – Your equipment will give you the power to need to carve out a place for yourself in the New World.
- The Hunter’s Arsenal – There are fourteen different weapons at the hunter’s disposal, each with its own unique characteristics and attacks. Many hunters acquire proficiency in multiple types, while others prefer to attain mastery of one.
- Scoutflies – Monster tracks, such as footprints and gashes, dot each locale. Your Scoutflies will remember the scent of a monster and guide you to other nearby tracks. And as you gather more tracks, the Scoutflies will give you even more information.
- Slinger – The Slinger is an indispensable tool for a hunter, allowing you to arm yourself with stones and nuts that can be gathered from each locale. From diversion tactics to creating shortcuts, the Slinger has a variety of uses, and allows you to hunt in new and interesting ways.
- Specialized Tools – Specialized tools activate powerful effects for a limited amount of time, and up to two can be equipped at a time. Simple to use, they can be selected and activated just like any other item you take out on a hunt.
- Palicoes – Palicoes are hunters’ reliable comrades out in the field, specialized in a variety of offensive, defensive, and restorative support abilities. The hunter’s Palico joins the Fifth Fleet with pride, as much a bona fide member of the Commission as any other hunter.
About the Expansion Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
“Explore the New World… and beyond!”
Monster Hunter: World‘s adventures reach new heights in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. With new monsters, new locales, new quests, new weapon combos, and so much more, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expands the possibilities of Monster Hunter: World’s vast, breathtaking universe.
Join the Research Commission as they embark on an unforgettable adventure into the depths of the Hoarfrost Reach, a snowy tundra that a host of legendary monsters call home.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne nearly doubles the content from Monster Hunter: World, including:
- New Monsters – The number of Large Monsters soars from 36 to over 66, with more coming in free updates!
- New Story – The number of Story Assignments jumps from 25 to over 50!
- New Locales – Explore the glacial landscapes of the Hoarfrost Reach!
- New Weapon Combos – Breathe new life into your combat with a series of brand-new attacks and combos
- New Armor – Suit up and customize your hunter with a wide variety of powerful armor skills!
- New Tools – Stack the odds in your favor with the revolutionary new Clutch Claw!
- New Headquarters – Group up and prepare for battle in the all-new social hub Seliana!
- New Difficulty – Test your mettle with the new quest difficulty Master Rank!
- New End Game – The journey never ends in the Guiding Lands!
…and much more!
The frozen frontier awaits…
Monster Hunter: World News
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Monster Hunter film-inspired limited-time Event Quests begin December 3
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion ‘Developer Diary 4.5’ details new monster Xeno’jiiva Mature Form
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion Resident Evil 2 collaboration begins November 7, Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds collaboration begins November 21
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne sold an estimated 1.02 million digital copies in first month in Japan, plus more digital sales numbers
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion Resident Evil 2 collaboration, weapon and Palico design contest winners announced
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion Title Update 1 adds new Volcanic region to the Guiding Lands
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion – huntable Zinogre potentially leaked by JASRAC registrations
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion x Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds collaboration announced
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne-themed PS4 top cover, DualShock 4, and Wearable Neck Speaker announced for Japan
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion for PC launches in January 2020; pre-launch previews, gameplay, and screenshots
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion PS4 beta set for June 21 to 24 for PlayStation Plus members, June 28 to July 1 for everyone
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion launches September 6 for PS4 and Xbox One, this winter for PC
Monster Hunter: World Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle launches January 26 in North America and Europe
Monster Hunter: World GalleriesView full gallery
November 24, 2020
October 1, 2020
September 28, 2020
September 1, 2020
July 9, 2020
March 23, 2020
February 11, 2020
November 6, 2019
October 25, 2019
October 4, 2019
September 6, 2019
August 29, 2019
August 21, 2019
August 20, 2019
July 31, 2019
July 11, 2019
June 4, 2019
May 9, 2019
February 7, 2019
December 10, 2018
May 30, 2018
April 17, 2018
January 28, 2018
January 25, 2018
January 22, 2018
January 5, 2018
December 21, 2017
December 14, 2017
December 11, 2017
November 20, 2017
November 10, 2017
November 9, 2017
November 1, 2017
October 30, 2017
September 23, 2017
September 22, 2017
September 21, 2017
September 19, 2017
August 18, 2017
June 20, 2017
June 13, 2017
June 12, 2017