Resident Evil Village is a horror video game developed and published by Capcom.
Experience survival horror like never before in Resident Evil Village, the eighth major installment in the genre-defining Resident Evil franchise. Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline brings Ethan Winters to a remote snow-capped village filled with a diverse cast of terrifying enemies. After a devastating encounter with Resident Evil series hero Chris Redfield, Ethan pursues him in search of answers but finds himself in an entirely new nightmare.
Modern console technology paired with Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine deliver a visceral experience combining pulse-pounding action with signature survival horror gameplay synonymous with the Resident Evil series. Harnessing the newest console technology, Resident Evil Village delivers stunning graphics and advanced technology on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. New gameplay features harken back to fan-favorite elements from previous Resident Evil games while new mechanics offer more depth to the action during combat.
- A New Chapter in the Resident Evil Storyline – This eighth major installment in the flagship Resident Evil series continues the story from the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard. With the return of popular features and introduction of new elements, survival horror has never been so intense.
- Popular Resident Evil Features – Fans might recognize new features in Resident Evil Village that are nods to previous Resident Evil games including a merchant dubbed “The Duke” who allows players to purchase and sell items, buy recipes for crafting consumables, and customize weapons.
- The Mercenaries Are Back – The fan-favorite, battle-the-clock extra game mode, “The Mercenaries,” makes its return with new features. Now players have the option to buy and upgrade weapons from The Duke, and acquire abilities that enhance weapons and physical capabilities to offer more depth and replay value.
- Familiar Faces and New Foes – Resident Evil series Chris Redfield returns under a shroud of seemingly sinister motives. Ethan will also encounter a host of new adversaries inhabiting the enigmatic village, all with their own distinctive attacks.
- Evolution of Combat – In addition to engaging and attacking enemies, Ethan can also now guard against incoming attacks, or kick enemies away to buy time for his next move, requiring players to further strategize the best approach for surviving the many challenges ahead.
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Bonus – As a thank you to fans, Resident Evil Village will include access to a free multiplayer experience titled Resident Evil Re:Verse, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. An all-star cast of fan-favorite Resident Evil characters face off in four to six-player deathmatch battles in iconic series locations.
- Latest Console Technology – RE Engine paired with new technologies available via PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S delivers hyper-detailed graphics, advanced immersive audio and little to no load times, bringing the shadowy village and its evocative residents to life in first person perspective.
- Play Across Generations – Resident Evil Village will be eligible to upgrade free from PlayStation 4 to the digital PlayStation 5 version and will support Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
Resident Evil Village News
Resident Evil Village DLC ‘Winters’ Expansion’ – story trailer, ‘Third-Person Mode’ demo now available
Resident Evil Showcase set for October 20, featuring Resident Evil 4 remake, Resident Evil Village Gold Edition, and more
Resident Evil Village Cloud, Resident Evil 2 Cloud, Resident Evil 3 Cloud, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard Cloud announced for Switch
Resident Evil Village Gold Edition ‘The Mercenaries Additional Orders’ trailer, details, and screenshots
Resident Evil Village DLC ‘The Winters’ Expansion’ launches October 28 alongside Resident Evil Village Gold Edition and Resident Evil Re:Verse
Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition coming to Stadia on April 1; Resident Evil Village coming at launch
PlayStation Japan ‘PLAY! PLAY! PLAY!’ live stream set for March 21 featuring Resident Evil Village and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
Resident Evil Showcase set for January 21 featuring Resident Evil Village trailer and gameplay, franchise news
Resident Evil Village GalleriesView full gallery
September 13, 2023
December 14, 2022
October 20, 2022
September 15, 2022
July 21, 2022
June 13, 2022
June 2, 2022
April 15, 2021
January 21, 2021
September 25, 2020
September 16, 2020
June 11, 2020