Resident Evil Village supports ray tracing, fast loading on PS5Adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, and Tempest 3D AudioTech also supported.
Resident Evil Village will support ray tracing and fast loading on PlayStation 5, according to the game’s PlayStation.com page.
Ray tracing and fast loading are likely also supported by the Xbox Series version of Resident Evil Village.
The PlayStation 5 version will also support the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback of the DualSense wireless controller, as well as PlayStation 5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech technology.
Here is the full overview of the game from PlayStation.com:
Experience survival horror like never before in the eighth major installment in the storied Resident Evil franchise—Resident Evil Village.
Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares. Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again.
- First-Person Action – Players will assume the role of Ethan Winters and experience every up-close battle and terrifying pursuit through a first-person perspective.
- Familiar Faces and New Foes – Chris Redfield has typically been a hero in the Resident Evil series, but his appearance in Resident Evil Village seemingly shrouds him in sinister motives. A host of new adversaries inhabiting the enigmatic village will relentlessly hunt Ethan and hinder his every move as he attempts to make sense of the new nightmare he finds himself in.
- A Living, Breathing Village – More than just a mysterious backdrop for the horrifying events that unfold in the game, the village is a character in its own right with mysteries for Ethan to uncover and terrors to escape from.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Stunning Visuals – Explore Resident Evil Village‘s beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with ray tracing.
- Fast Loading – Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD.
- Adaptive Triggers – Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
- Haptic Feedback – Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on Compatible Headphones – Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.
Resident Evil Village is due out for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC in 2021.