Resident Evil Village launches May 7, adds PS4 and Xbox One versions; PS5 visual demo now availableNew trailer, five minutes of gameplay, and more.
Resident Evil Village will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on May 7 worldwide, Capcom announced. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are newly announced. Users who purchase the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One version will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series version free of charge.
“Maiden” Demo for PlayStation 5
An exclusive visual demo for PlayStation 5 demo titled “Maiden” is available now via the PlayStation Store. This demo is a standalone experience that showcases the visuals and 3D audio that await in the main game. As the Maiden, players must rely solely on their wits to make their escape, as they will have no way to fight or defend themselves. A separate new demo will be available later this spring for all platforms. Read more about the “Maiden” demo over at the PlayStation Blog.
Game Editions and Pre-Order
In addition to the $59.99 standard edition, the game will also be available in a $69.99 Deluxe Edition and $219.99 Collector’s Edition. A “Complete Bundle” including both Resident Evil Village and Resident Evil 7 biohazard (for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One) will also be available.
The Deluxe Edition includes the “Trauma Pack,” which includes the “Samurai Edge” weapon, “Mr. Everywhere” accessory, a Resident Evil 7 biohazard-inspired found footage screen filter, special safe room background music, tape recorder save point, immediate access to an especially challenging difficulty setting, and more.
The Collector’s Edition includes the “Trauma Pack,” a poster, a SteelBook case, a Chris Redfield figure, collector’s box, and art book.
Pre-orders are available now and include the “Mr. Raccoon Weapon Charm” accessory and “Survival Resource Pack.” PlayStation Store pre-orders also include an exclusive mini-soundtrack.
Capcom also announced Resident Evil Re:Verse, a new multiplayer game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC included free with Resident Evil Village. Read more about that here.
Resident Evil Village Fact Sheet
Here is an overview of Resident Evil Village, via Capcom:
Experience survival horror like never before in Resident Evil Village, the eighth major installment in the genre-defining Resident Evil franchise. Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline brings Ethan Winters to a remote snow-capped village filled with a diverse cast of terrifying enemies. After a devastating encounter with Resident Evil series hero Chris Redfield, Ethan pursues him in search of answers but finds himself in an entirely new nightmare.
Modern console technology paired with Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine deliver a visceral experience combining pulse-pounding action with signature survival horror gameplay synonymous with the Resident Evil series. Harnessing the newest console technology, Resident Evil Village delivers stunning graphics and advanced technology on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. New gameplay features harken back to fan-favorite elements from previous Resident Evil games while new mechanics offer more depth to the action during combat.
- A New Chapter in the Resident Evil Storyline – This eighth major installment in the flagship Resident Evil series continues the story from the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard. With the return of popular features and introduction of new elements, survival horror has never been so intense.
- Latest Console Technology – RE Engine paired with new technologies available via PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S delivers hyper-detailed graphics, advanced immersive audio and little to no load times, bringing the shadowy village and its evocative residents to life in first person perspective.
- Popular Resident Evil Features – Fans might recognize new features in Resident Evil Village that are nods to previous
Resident Evil games including a merchant dubbed “The Duke” who allows players to purchase and sell items, buy recipes
for crafting consumables, and customize weapons.
- Familiar Faces and New Foes – Resident Evil series Chris Redfield returns under a shroud of seemingly sinister motives. Ethan will also encounter a host of new adversaries inhabiting the enigmatic village, all with their own distinctive ways of attacking.
- Evolution of Combat – In addition to engaging and attacking enemies, Ethan can also now guard against incoming attacks, or kick enemies away to buy time for his next move, requiring players to further strategize the best approach for surviving the many challenges ahead.
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Bonus – As a thank you to fans, Resident Evil Village will include access to a free multiplayer experience titled Resident Evil Re:Verse, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. An all-star cast of fan-favorite Resident Evil characters face off in four to six-player deathmatch battles in iconic series locations.
- Play Across Generations – Resident Evil Village will be eligible to upgrade from PlayStation 4 to the digital PlayStation 5 version and will support Smart Delivery for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
Watch the third official trailer and over five minutes of new gameplay footage below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery. Visit the official website here.
Resident Evil Showcase Gameplay
(Footage from 34:48 to 39:47.)
Short Gameplay Clips