The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-pounding immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A Spine-Chilling Reimagining of a Horror Classic – Based on the original release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience.
- A Whole New Perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- Terrifyingly Realistic Visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Face the Grotesque Hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
- Iconic Series-Defining Gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.
- See Favorite Characters in a Whole New Light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic.
- Step into the Rookie Shoes of Both Heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective.
Resident Evil 2 (2019) News
Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard for PS5 and Xbox Series now available
Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard coming to PS5 and Xbox Series in 2022
Resident Evil 3 remake shipments and digital sales top two million in first five days; Resident Evil 2 remake tops 6.5 million
Toco Toco follows Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2 directors Hideaki Itsuno, Kazunori Kadoi, and Yasuhiro Anpo
Resident Evil 2 ‘Leon ’98’ and ‘Claire ’98’ DLC costumes, post-launch ‘The Ghost Survivors’ mode announced
Resident Evil 2 (2019) GalleriesView full gallery
June 13, 2022
January 28, 2019
January 14, 2019
December 1, 2018
October 9, 2018
October 8, 2018
September 20, 2018
August 21, 2018
August 16, 2018
July 20, 2018
June 11, 2018