Diablo IV is an action role-playing video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment.
Diablo IV is the newest incarnation of Blizzard Entertainment’s genre-defining action-role-playing game series. Players will experience a grim new story line while also having the freedom to forge their own path across the most expansive vision yet of the world of Sanctuary—a bleak and shattered hellscape bereft of hope and beset by demons.
- Explore a vast, contiguous world of Sanctuary and seamlessly travel across five distinctive regions filled with dangerous foes.
- Quintessential Diablo gameplay featuring robust RPG character progression, infinitely replayable dungeons, awesome loot, and the series’ hallmark visceral combat.
- An open world inhabited by familiar threats and new—like deadly encounters with massive, multi-phase World Bosses.
- Four iconic classes (with one more to come): the Druid, the Barbarian, the Sorceress, and the Rogue.
- All-new technology that will push the Diablo franchise to dark new depths with higher fidelity graphics and the ability to create an expansive open world experience.
- A dark new storyline where heroes will be called upon to face a challenge unlike any the world has seen before.
A Return to Darkness
- Legendary Heroes Return – Four iconic Diablo IV classes have been revealed, with one more to come. Each character class retains its core identity, yet also brings players fresh inspiration and fun, revamped play styles:
- The Rogue is a swift, deadly, mobile class with unparalleled versatility. Rogue players can choose from a variety of ways to stab, shoot, and trap their enemies and can enhance their combat through poisons, shadow magic, and specialised techniques. This class is not just for fans of the original Rogue – Assassin and Demon Hunter players will notice some of our favourite tricks of the trade have come back as well.
- Barbarians bring the power of the new Arsenal system in battle, arming them with the ability to carry and rapidly switch between four different weapons at a time by assigning them to individual attacks.
- Sorceresses shape the elements to obliterate their foes, chilling their foes until they freeze and shatter, electrocuting them with bolts of lightning, or raining flaming meteors from the sky.
- Druids are savage shapeshifters who fluidly transform between werewolf, werebear, and human forms to unleash a cataclysm of nature’s fury on the forces of the Burning Hells.
- Smarter, Deadlier, and More Diverse Monsters – Face a world inhabited by deadly monster “families” of disparate, yet thematically-linked creatures that work together to present players with interesting strategic challenges.
- Deep Character Customization – Players will be able to experiment and discover countless character builds through customizable talent trees and skills, awe-inspiring loot including legendary and set items to collect, runes and rune word combinations, and even personalized mounts for traversing the open world.
- Dungeon Crawling – Infinitely replayable dungeons to clear, as well as new Keyed Dungeons that empower players to control their destiny and specify the types of challenging dungeon crawling experiences they want to take on.
A Dangerous, Dynamic, Vast World to Explore
- A Grim New Chapter – This bleak period in Sanctuary’s history finds humanity in the grip of a chaotic and dark time. Lilith has returned to Sanctuary. Players will need to step foot in this broken realm to learn more.
- An Expansive Open World – Encounter other players as you explore five distinctive regions rooted in unique ecologies and filled with dangerous new foes. Face the greatest threat Sanctuary has ever known as you cross the burning desert of Kehjistan; blaze a trail through the werewolf-infested forests of Scosglen; brave the harsh wilderness of the Dry Steppes; scale the uninhabitable Fractured Peaks; and choke back the infestation in the swamplands of Hawezar.
Deep Character Progression System
- Skill Trees – In Diablo IV, characters will earn Skill points as they level up, which can be allocated in all-new Skill Trees to unlock access to a wide selection of impactful Passive and Active skills. Players have the freedom to experiment to discover the builds that are right for them and can respec an unlimited number of times. These choices are character-defining and meant to feel meaningful, so the cost to respec is minimal at first and increases with a character’s level.
- The Return of Primary Stats – Players will allocate Primary Stat points into Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, and Willpower, as they level up and grow in power. Each stat provides an offensive bonus and a secondary defensive bonus. These choices matter–Items will provide some, but most stats will be earned and allocated by levelling up.
- Weapon Type Matters – A slim dagger and a massive, bone-crushing mace shouldn’t feel identical, and in Diablo IV, weapon types affect how a character feels and plays. All weapon types bear unique inherent physical characteristics that set them apart, such as axe attacks causing enemies to Bleed.
- Item Quality Updates – Big changes are coming to item qualities in Diablo IV:
- Magic items will have the most potential power in a single affix
- Rare items can have up to five slightly less powerful affixes
- Legendary items will always have four regular affixes of slightly lesser power as well as one legendary affix; Legendary affixes will roll randomly and can appear on any slot!
- Unique items will replace Mythics. Uniques are build-around items with completely fixed affixes, heavily thematic and usually class-specific powers, and distinctive looks.
- Nigh-Infinite Legendary Options – Legendary items are like Rare items with one affix replaced by a Legendary effect. A wide variety of new Legendary affixes will appear in Diablo IV, and those Legendary affixes will no longer be restricted to a specific slot, opening up countless game-changing build options for players to tinker with and explore.
Diablo IV News
Activision Blizzard financial call – Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 to skip 2021, new “remastered content” planned
Diablo IV quarterly update – Skills and Talents, Sorceress Enchantment System, and End Game Progression System
Diablo IV GalleriesView full gallery
June 12, 2022
July 13, 2021
June 30, 2021
February 19, 2021
December 15, 2020
September 29, 2020
June 25, 2020
November 1, 2019