Diablo IV will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2023, Blzizard Entertainment announced. It will feature cross-play and cross-progression for all platforms. The game’s fifth and final class, the Necromancer, was also revealed.
“We can’t wait to open the gates of Hell next year—the talented team behind Diablo IV puts gameplay first in everything they do, and they have built the biggest and most ambitious vision of Sanctuary yet,” said Blizzard Entertainment president Mike Ybarra in a press release. “This sprawling world draws deeply from the dark well of the franchise’s 25-year history and is designed around the philosophy of player choice, offering an adventure unlike anything Diablo players have experienced before.”
Get the latest details below.
Back for the dead—joining alongside the Barbarian, Sorceress, Rogue, and Druid classes in the battle to save humanity is the legendary Necromancer, the fifth playable character class, which returns with newly designed undead mechanics. Players will be able to utilize the Necromancer’s Book of the Dead, an all-new ability allowing them to dominate the battlefield with deeper customization of their undead army than ever before.
- Skeleton Warriors fight fast-attacking Skirmishers, sword and board Defenders, or scythe-wielding Reapers
- Skeleton Mages unleash a litany of shadow, cold, and sacrificial spells
- Golems can be specialized to the forms of tanking Bone golems, health-stealing Blood golems, and charging Iron golems
Boundless depth—Diablo IV‘s version of Sanctuary is huge, and it’s rife with opportunity for adventure. In the world of Sanctuary, decades have passed since the events of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, and Lilith, the Daughter of Hatred, is determined to rule once more. Character customization in the game is richer and more extensive than ever, and players will be able to let their curiosity guide them to play their way:
- Explore over 140 Dungeons throughout the campaign and beyond, in versatile, procedurally generated experiences.
- Tackle Droves of Side Quests for even more ways to earn rewards while deepening the story experience.
- Defeat World Bosses by teaming up with other players to reap bonus treasures from these colossal demons.
- Liberate Strongholds that, once cleansed of corrupted demons and hostile beasts, become friendly outposts to forever alter the layout of the world.
- Join player-versus-player mayhem within designated zones.
- Build Paragon Boards, which allow players optional paths to continue advancing and customizing their characters beyond max level.
- Seek Out the Tree of Whispers and complete contracts to unlock further world objectives and bounties in pursuit of Legendary gear.
- Brave Nightmare Dungeons and put your skills to the ultimate test with enhanced demonic dangers.
Watch a new trailer and gameplay video below.