City Connection will release the 2000-released, Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up Dragon Blaze for PC via Steam on July 30, the company announced. It will support both English and Japanese language options.
Sol Divide: Sword of Darkness will be the tenth in a series of Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up titles to come to PC. The first was Strikers 1945 on April 30, which was followed by Gunbird on May 11, Samurai Aces on May 20, Strikers 1945 II on May 29, Gunbird 2 on June 10, Tengai on June 22, Strikers 1945 III on June 30, and Samurai Aces III: Sengoku Cannon on July 13, and will soon be joined by Sol Divide: Sword of Darkness on July 30.
Here is an overview of Dragon Blaze, via its Steam page:
The shooter of riding the dragon’s back! Master the techniques of the dragon and magic shot!
Dragon Blaze is a vertical-scrolling shooter game that first appeared in arcades in 2000.
The heroes are the four dragon riders.
They can use normal shots, bombs and magic shots (press and hold the button). In addition, they can also use the Dragon Shot.
The Dragon Shot is the main feature of this game. Defeating enemies with the attack when you release the dragon will increase your score item bonus.
And, you can gain technical bonuses by successfully hitting the boss’ core. Also, while separated from the dragon, your magic shot performance changes.
You’ll be surprised by the bosses attacks, transforming animations, and background art depicting an eerie and beautiful world.
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, screen orientation, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings! Become the worlds to dragon rider!
- Quaid, The Soaring Dragon Knight
- Sub Shot: Holy Lance
- Combined Magic: Burst Lance
- Separation Magic: Fire Breath
- Bomb: Chaos Flare
- Sonia, The Ocean Girl
- Sub Shot: Freeze Arrow
- Combined Magic: Diamond Dust
- Separation Magic: Aqua Blast
- Bomb: Trident Rush
- Rob, The Guardian of Forest
- Sub Shot: Plasma Hammer
- Combined Magic: Lightning Hammer
- Separation Magic: Giga Wave
- Bomb: Thunder Break
- Ian, The Necromancer
- Sub Shot: Magic Sword
- Combined Magic: Death Crash
- Separation Magic: Hell Spin
- Bomb: Dark Stinger
- Power up with the “P” item.
- Get bombs with the “B” item to wipe out enemy bullets and evade your foes!
- Unleash the “Magic Shot” and “Dragon Shot”to take down your enemies!
- Seven levels of difficulty can be selected.
- The vertical screen mode that allows you to play in arcade style like back in the day.
- Select the screen filter from the normal +2 version.
- You can set the number of lives from one to nine and the number of continues from zero to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Dragon,” and “Bomb” in the key configuration.
- The vertical screen mode can be operated in the horizontal mode as well! Now enjoy a completely different gameplay.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives..
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.