City Connection will release the 1993-released, Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up Samurai Aces for PC via Steam on May 20, the company announced. It will support both English and Japanese language options.
Here is an overview of Samurai Aces, via its Steam page:
Samurai and ninja fly in the sky! Freaky Japanese-style shooter known as the debut of Psikyo.
The roots of the Psikyo shooter are here, with the randomly chosen levels, eccentric bosses, dramatic demo, and the vicious aiming bullets that would later be called “Psikyo Bullets.”
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, screen orientation, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings! Become the world’s best Samurai Ace!
- Jane, the blonde-haired kunoichi
- Tengai, the turbo monk
- Ken-oh-maru, the super genius dog
- Koyori, the rampaging maiden
- Aine, the macho samurai
- Gen-nai, the anatomic machinist
- Power up with “P” items, with sub-weapons also added.
- Get bombs with the “B” item to wipe out enemy bullets and evade your foes!
- Unleash the super shot to take down your enemies!
- Seven levels of difficulty can be selected for beginners.
- Now players can really test out their skills with a “Hard” and “Very Hard” mode. We’re looking for recruits who are up for the test.
- Local rankings will support all difficulty levels and your own planes.
- The vertical screen mode that allows you to play in arcade style like back in the day.
- Select the screen filter from the normal +2 version.
- You can set the number of lives from one to nine and the number of continues from zero to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Auto Shot,” and “Bomb” in the key configuration.
- The vertical screen mode can be operated in the horizontal mode as well! Now enjoy a completely different gameplay.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives.
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.