City Connection will release the 1997-released, Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up Strikers 1945 II for PC via Steam on May 29, the company announced. It will support both English and Japanese language options.
Strikers 1945 II will be the fourth in a series of Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up titles to come to PC. The first was Strikers 1945 on April 30, which will be followed by Gunbird on May 11 and Samurai Aces on May 20.
Here is an overview of Strikers 1945 II, via its Steam page:
Easy to play, hard to master. The masterpiece of Psikyo shooting!
Strikers 1945 II is a vertical-scrolling shooter game that first appeared in arcades in 1997.
The new “Super Shot” is a flashy special attack that consumes your gauge to release. It’s more strategic and exhilarating than ever!
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, screen orientation, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings! Become the worlds best Striker!
- World War II-era fighters are here, and you can fly six different types of planes, each with unique features.
- Power up with the “P” item.
- Get bombs with the “B” item to wipe out enemy bullets and evade your foes
- Unleash the “Super Shot” to take down your enemies!
- Seven levels of difficulty can be selected for beginners.
- Now players can really test out their skills with a “Hard” and “Very Hard” mode. We’re looking for recruits who are up for the test.
- Local rankings will support all difficulty levels and your own planes.
- The vertical screen mode that allows you to play in arcade style like back in the day.
- Select the screen filter from the normal plus-two version.
- You can set the number of lives from one-to-nine and the number of continues from 0 to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Auto Shot,” and “Bomb” in the key configuration.
- The vertical screen mode can be operated in the horizontal mode as well! Now enjoy a completely different gameplay.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives.
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.