City Connection will release the 1997-released, Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up Sol Divide: Sword of Darkness for PC via Steam on July 20, the company announced. It will support both English and Japanese language options.
Sol Divide: Sword of Darkness will be the ninth in a series of Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up titles to come to PC. The first was Strikers 1945 on April 30, which was followed by Gunbird on May 11, Samurai Aces on May 20, Strikers 1945 II on May 29, Gunbird 2 on June 10, Tengai on June 22, and Strikers 1945 III on June 30, and will soon be joined by Samurai Aces III: Sengoku Cannon on July 13.
Here is an overview of Sol Divide: Sword of Darkness, via its Steam page:
Prevent the resurrection of the ancient evil gods. Enter the world of sword and sorcery….
You can use a normal shot, a direct attack that can be slashed up and down, and 11 different types of magic attacks!
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings!
Be the world’s best warrior mage!
- Vorg, the Dark Knight
- Unique Command: Slash > Slash > Slash upward > Slash
- Unique Spell: Nightmare
- Kason, the Wing Lancer
- Unique Command: Slash > Slash > Slash downward > Slash
- Unique Spell: Phoenix
- Tyora, the Great Mage
- Unique Command: Slash > Slash > Slash to right > Slash
- Unique Spell: Sammon
- Select the screen filter from the normal +2 version.
- You can set the length of life gauge, from one-to-nine and the number of continues from zero to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Auto Shot,” “Slash,” and “Magic” in the key configuration.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives.
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.