City Connection will release the 1999-released, Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up Strikers 1945 III for PC via Steam on June 30, the company announced. It will support both English and Japanese language options.
Strikers 1945 III will be the seventh in a series of Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up titles to come to PC. The first was Strikers 1945 on April 30, which was followed by Gunbird on May 11, Samurai Aces on May 20, and Strikers 1945 II on May 29, and will soon be joined by Gunbird 2 on June 10 and Tengai on June 22.
Here is an overview of Strikers 1945 III, via its Steam page:
Here’s a challenge from 90s! The ultimate Psikyo shooter!
Strikers 1945 III is a vertical-scrolling shooter game that first appeared in arcades in 1999.
Released as the culmination of the Strikers series, this game adds new features as “technical bonuses” that are gained by getting super close to boss cores and destroying them, and “chain bonuses” that are gained by defeating enemies in succession. The score attack will be even more incendiary!
Also note the mechanic design and animation that goes through the fantastic transformation!
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, screen orientation, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings! Become the worlds top Striker!
- You can fly five (+??) different types of planes, each with unique features.
- Power up with the “P” item.
- Get bombs with the “B” item to wipe out enemy bullets and evade your foes!
- Unleash the “Super Shot” to take down your enemies!
- Seven levels of difficulty can be selected for beginners.
- Now players can really test out their skills with a “Hard” and “Very Hard” mode. We’re looking for recruits who are up for the test.
- Local rankings will support all difficulty levels and your own planes.
- The vertical screen mode that allows you to play in arcade style like back in the day.
- Select the screen filter from the normal +2 version.
- You can set the number of lives from 1 to 9 and the number of continues from 0 to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Auto Shot,” and “Bomb” in the key configuration.
- The vertical screen mode can be operated in the horizontal mode as well! Now enjoy a completely different gameplay.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives..
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.