Tengai coming to PC on June 22Another classic Psikyo shooter gets a PC release date.
City Connection will release the 1996-released, Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up Tengai (Samurai Aces Episode II: Tengai) for PC via Steam on June 22, the company announced. It will support both English and Japanese language options.
Tengai will be the sixth in a series of Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up titles to come to PC. The first was Strikers 1945 on April 30, which was followed by Gunbird on May 11 and Samurai Aces on May 20, and will soon be joined by Strikers 1945 II on May 29 and Gunbird 2 on June 10.
Here is an overview of Tengai, via its Steam page:
Miko-san and ninja girl blast away! The best of eccentric Japanese-style shooters is here!
Tengai is a horizontal-scrolling shooter game that first appeared in arcades in 1996.
The evolved form of the “Psikyo shooter” is here, with the randomly chosen levels, eccentric bosses, dramatic demo, and the vicious aiming bullets that would later be called “Psikyo Bullets.”
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings!
Be the world’s best Samurai Ace!
- Miko, the Rampaging Maiden
- Junis, the Blonde Ninja Girl
- Tengai, the Turbo Monk
- Sho, the Vengeful Saber
- Katana, the Mech Samurai
- Power up with “P” items, with options also added.
- Get bombs with the “B” item to wipe out enemy bullets and evade your foes!
- Unleash the option shot to take down your enemies!
- Don’t be afraid! The hit box is only the upper body.
- Seven levels of difficulty can be selected for beginners.
- Now players can really test out their skills with a “Hard” and “Very Hard” mode. We’re looking for recruits who are up for the test.
- Local rankings will support all difficulty levels and your own planes.
- Select the screen filter from the normal +2 version.
- You can set the number of lives from 1 to 9 and the number of continues from 0 to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Auto Shot,” and “Bomb” in the key configuration.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives.
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.