Gunbird 2 will be the fifth in a series of Psikyo-developed shoot ’em up titles to come to PC. The first was Strikers 1945 on April 30, which was followed by Gunbird on May 11 and Samurai Aces on May 20, and will soon be joined by Strikers 1945 II on May 29.
Here is an overview of Gunbird 2, via its Steam page:
Let’s go on the treasure hunt through the skies of the world! The ultimate Psikyo shooter!
Gunbird 2 is a vertical-scrolling shooter game that first appeared in arcades in 1998.
A comical story about the “magical potion” from ancient times. You can see the dialogue demos that unfold during the intermission and when the boss appears, and the dialogue between the characters that changes when the 2 players mode.
New systems has been added, making score attacks even more fun!
You can set the difficulty level, life, number of continues, controls, screen orientation, and more.
In addition, now we have online rankings! Be the world’s best Gunbird!
- Marion, the Little Great Wizard
- Tavia, the Flying Honors Student from Germany
- Alucard, the Lone Vampire from Romania
- Valpiro, the Military Robot from Russia
- Hei-Cob, the Obese Body from Arabia
- ???, the Naked Samurai
- Power up with “P” items, with sub-weapons also added.
- Get bombs with the “B” item to wipe out enemy bullets and evade your foes!
- Unleash the super shot to take down your enemies!
- Risky, but a high-powered, use the close range attack!
- Seven levels of difficulty can be selected for beginners.
- Now players can really test out their skills with a “Hard” and “Very Hard” mode. We’re looking for recruits who are up for the test.
- Local rankings will support all difficulty levels and your own planes.
- The vertical screen mode that allows you to play in arcade style like back in the day.
- Select the screen filter from the normal +2 version.
- You can set the number of lives from one to nine and the number of continues from zero to unlimited.
- Assign “Shot,” “Auto Shot,” and “Bomb” in the key configuration.
- The vertical screen mode can be operated in the horizontal mode as well! Now enjoy a completely different gameplay.
- This is a new feature that has a very severe mode with a fixed difficulty level and number of lives.
- Compete in high scores and score attacks against players from all over the world!
- Online rankings can be viewed from the options menu.