Horizon Forbidden West is an open-world action role-playing video game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West—a majestic but dangerous frontier that conceals mysterious new threats.
Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon.
The land is dying. Vicious storms and an unstoppable blight ravage the scattered remnants of humanity, while fearsome new machines prowl their borders. Life on Earth is hurtling towards another extinction, and no one knows why.
It’s up to Aloy to uncover the secrets behind these threats and restore order and balance to the world. Along the way, she must reunite with old friends, forge alliances with warring new factions, and unravel the legacy of the ancient past—all the while trying to stay one step ahead of a seemingly undefeatable new enemy.
- Brave an Expansive Open World – Discover distant lands, new enemies, rich cultures, and striking characters.
- A Majestic Frontier – Explore the lush forests, sunken cities, and towering mountains of a far-future America.
- Confront New Dangers – Engage in strategic battles against enormous machines and mounted human enemies by using weapons, gear, and traps crafted from salvaged parts.
- Unravel Startling Mysteries – Uncover the secret behind Earth’s imminent collapse and unlock a hidden chapter in the ancient past… one that will change Aloy forever.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Fast Loading – Fast-travel across the map and get back into the game almost instantly with the PlayStation 5 console’s ultra high-speed SSD and fast load times.
- Stunning Visuals – Experience the vast world of Horizon Forbidden West in stunning 4K and HDR. From mountain tops to small sprigs of leaves, everything is realized to incredible detail at an enormous scale. Targeting 60 frames per second, Performance Mode further enhances smoothness of movement, animations, and controls.
- Haptic Feedback – Get closer to each fight Aloy takes on with the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback. Feel the sensation of blades of grass you brush past when making a stealth approach, melee swipes you make against machines and armored humans, and the directional impact from enemy attacks when you attempt to evade.
- Adaptive Triggers – Enjoy a new level of immersion when you interact with different objects using the DualSense wireless controller’s adaptive triggers. Feel the tension in the string of your bow, the pull of your new grappling tool and the resistance of the triggers on heavy tribal and mechanical weapons.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on Compatible Headphones – Listen to the landscapes of Horizon Forbidden West come to life around you with the PlayStation 5 console’s Tempest 3D AudioTech. Hear vegetation rustle in the wind, birds flying overhead, and large mechanical machines swimming in the water below as you explore environments teeming with wildlife and machines.
Horizon Forbidden West News
Horizon Forbidden West sales top 8.4 million units, franchise sales top 32.7 million; “Aloy’s adventures will continue”
PlayStation Japan ‘PLAY! PLAY! PLAY!’ live stream set for October 16 featuring Dragon Quest X Offline, Elden Ring, and Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, and Returnal due out in first half of 2021; Horizon Forbidden West in second half [Update 2]
Horizon Forbidden West GalleriesView full gallery
December 8, 2022
January 27, 2022
January 19, 2022
December 15, 2021
May 27, 2021
June 18, 2020
June 17, 2020
June 11, 2020