Outward is an open-world fantasy adventure game featuring deep simulation and immersion. In it, players will experience an entirely new kind of RPG, where they play the role of a true inhabitant of a sprawling world, requiring biological maintenance and self-preservation against a harsh, uncaring environment. These simulation aspects also extend to the game’s representation of magic as an intricate web of rituals required to evoke supernatural powers. The game also packs a surprising feature: two-player local and online multiplayer, with local split-screen. This feature allows two friends to share a journey knowing they have at least one ally at their side and offers unique opportunities for strategy.
- Survive in the wilds as you explore a vast and harsh land.
- Play solo or cooperatively, split-screen locally or online.
- Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting.
- Constant auto-saving means you must live with your decisions.
- Encounter dynamic defeat scenarios.
- A unique experience with every playthrough.
Outward sales top one million; DLC ‘The Three Brothers’ launches December 15 for PC, in 2021 for PS4 and Xbox One
Outward GalleriesView full gallery
December 1, 2020
February 17, 2020
August 14, 2018