Publisher Square Enix and developer Toylogic have released a 15-second live-action Japanese TV commercial for NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… dubbed “Shinjuku ver.0.25: New Game Plus.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is an updated version of NieR Replicant, previously only released in Japan.
Discover the one-of-a-kind prequel of the critically-acclaimed masterpiece NieR: Automata. Now with a modern upgrade, experience masterfully revived visuals, a fascinating storyline and more!
The protagonist is a kind young man living in a remote village. In order to save his sister Yonah, who fell terminally ill to the Black Scrawl, he sets out with Grimoire Weiss, a strange talking tome, to search for the “Sealed verses.”
Experience the NieR Replicant story for the first time in the west through the eyes of the protagonist as a brother.
The original all-star team returns including acclaimed director, Yoko Taro (Drakengard / NieR: Automata), composer Keiichi Okabe (Tekken / Drakengard / NieR: Automata), and producer Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest X / NieR: Automata).
In a distant, distant future, humanity is on the brink of extinction.
A black scrawl disease and strange beasts threaten the world.
A young kindhearted boy makes a promise to his little sister.
A thousand-year lie that would live on for eternity…
- Uncover the truth behind the world of NieR and prepare to question everything in this dark, twisting tale.
- Journey alongside an unlikely group of allies through a ruined world, plagued by sickness and monstrous horrors.
- A mesmerizing iconic soundtrack, newly recorded by NieR: Automata composer, Keiichi Okabe.
- Fight back dreadful enemies with a visceral, uniquely customizable blend of swordplay and powerful magic.
- Customize your character’s magic, skills, and weapons with the power of Words.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 22 in Japan and Asia, followed by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in North America and Europe, and PC via Steam worldwide on April 23.
Watch the TV commercial below.