Dungreed will launch digitally for PlayStation 4 and Switch on October 27 in the west for $14.99, publisher Nicalis and developer Team Horay announced.
A $29.99 physical edition will also be available via the Nicalis Online Store (PlayStation 4, Switch), which includes a full-color instruction manual, reversible cover insert, and the game’s soundtrack on a full-sized audio CD with a jewel case.
In Japan and Asia, the console versions of Dungreed launched today (September 24). While the PlayStation 4 version is a digital-only release, the Switch version is also available as a physical edition in Japan. The game supports English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean language options.
Dungreed first launched for PC via Steam in February 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via Nicalis:
In Dungreed, the player assumes the role of an adventurer who must explore a continuously evolving dungeon to prevent an entire town from being destroyed. The game features procedurally generated levels with a variety of environments such as prisons, jungles and lava zones.
Players can advance through the living dungeon by defeating enemies with powerful magic items and an arsenal of weapons, ranging from rusty swords to cutting-edge sniper rifles. To prepare for the journey ahead, adventurers can train to become stronger and better equipped prior to exploring deeper and encountering the sinister denizens that lurk in the unpredictable dungeon.
- Procedurally generated maps that are different each time you enter the dungeon.
- Rescue the townspeople from the dungeon and help them to rebuild the town.
- Level up, upgrade your stats and/or change your equipment for each dungeon run.
- Discover a wide variety of randomly placed weapons and magical items.
- Unique control system lets you aim your weapon and dash in any direction in a 360-degree arc, even opposite the direction you’re moving.
- Exciting monsters, treacherous traps and epic boss battles.
- Charming pixel-art graphics, dramatic music and unpredictable challenges.
- Gameplay modes include single-player and two-player cooperative play.
Watch a new trailer below.