The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Winning Post 8 2017 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, and PC. It will launch in Japan on March 2, 2017 for 7,800 yen across all platforms, except the PS Vita version, which costs 6,800 yen.
The 2017 edition of the horse racing game has a number of additional elements. Other than the addition of over 300 star horses (Dee Majesty, Coronacion, etc.) and their cadets, the game also adds:
- 100 Famous Horses of History Ranking – A new element that recognizes the famous racehorses of Japanese history. It introduces the horses with actual footage, and you can switch out your chosen racehorse with them depending on your progress.
- New Races Both Local and Abroad – The Osaka Cup is promoted to Grade I status in Winning Post 8 2017, a newly organized Pegasus World Cup Grade I in America has been added, and so on.
- Amulets – Items called “Amulets” can have many effects, such as improving racehorse disease prevention, letting you choose how offspring look, the progression of trainers and jockeys, and the addition of new characters.
- Online Battles – This is not its own mode. Rather, you can go into an online battle directly from the main story mode.
- New Characters – New characters “Tango Tokisaka” and “Noel Himeka” appear. If the player is a male, he can even marry one of the two.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.
(Pictured: Winning Post 8 2016 for PlayStation 4.)