God of War III is getting a remastered release for PlayStation 4 in celebration of the series’ 10th anniversary. It will launch on July 14 in North America, July 15 across Europe, and July 17 in the United Kingdom for $39.99.
The original game launched for PlayStation 3 in 2010. The PlayStation 4 version will run in 1080p at 60 frames per second, include a Photo Mode a la The Last of Us Remastered, inFAMOUS: Second Son, and Driveclub, and include all previously released downloadable costumes.
One of the most critically acclaimed games of the last generation, God of War III, has been remastered for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) system, marking the debut of Kratos on PS4. God of War III Remastered brings the epic battles and carnage to life with stunning graphics, 1080p gameplay and an elaborate plot that once again sees Kratos at the center of destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him.
Set in the realm of brutal Greek mythology, God of War III Remastered allows players to take on the role of the fearless ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he rises from the depths of Hades to the heights of Mt. Olympus in order to seek his bloody revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades and an array of weapons and magic, Kratos must take on mythology’s deadliest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.
- Kratos Debuts on PlayStation 4 – Beautifully rendered gameplay targeting 60 fps at 1080p, God of War III Remastered is ready for the next generation and looks stunning on the PlayStation 4 system. All previous DLC costumes and content from God of War III are included in God of War III Remastered.
- Photo Mode – God of War III Remastered’s Photo Mode offers players a wealth of creative camera and lighting options, allowing them to freeze, edit, and share photos of all of Kratos’ bloodthirsty exploits.
- Stylized Realism – Players will battle in meticulous and unique 3D worlds, now refreshed in stunning detail and lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with four times the resolution versus last gen. God of War III Remastered captures every vengeful detail with realistic muscle striations and detailed facial expressions.
- Signature God of War Gameplay – Experience the brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos’ epic story.
- Sophisticated Storyline – The story of God of War III is the epic conclusion to Kratos’ Greek trilogy. Picking up from the Titan-sized cliffhanger of God of War II, God of War III takes Kratos right to the heart of Zeus’ stronghold on his quest for vengeance.
- Ridable Creatures – Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
- New Weapons and Combat System – New deadly weapons such as the Cestus — powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength — and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.