Following Jessica and Yangus last week, and Alena and Kiryl before them, this week’s Dragon Quest Heroes screenshots introduce the special abilities of Dragon Quest IV‘s Maya and Dragon Quest VI‘s Terry.
Here’s the overview:
Equipment: Folding Fan
Special Ability: Puff!
Maya is a splendid dancer equipped with a folding fan. She specializes in fire spells and skills, and her special ability allows her to transform her surroundings into a sea of flames.
- Folding Fan Dance – Strikes surrounding enemies with golden folding fans following a beautiful dance.
- Hurricane Flame Fan – Summons flames in the shape of a dragon that swoops down on surrounding enemies.
- Puff! – Maya dances, floats high into the sky, then transforms into an actual dragon before burning surrounding enemies to nothing.
Equipment: One-handed sword and shield
Special Ability: Jigo Spark
Terry can command the powers of wind and thunder, and fights like a professional. He is equipped with both a sword and shield, making him ideal for a balanced battle strategy.
- Lightning Bolt Slash – Releases the thunder accumulating in Terry’s sword and brushes away surrounding enemies with a glaring flash.
- Falcon Slash – Slashes the enemy with at high speed. After the attack, the afterimage created by your high speed movement can continue fighting.
- Jigo Spark – Using the power accumulated in your sword, unleash your hell thunder and break the earth.
Dragon Quest Heroes is due out for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on February 26. View the screenshots at the gallery.