Sony Computer Entertainment confirmed a slew of free-to-play games for PlayStation platforms during its E3 media briefing this evening.
From its first-party studios, the company has:
- BigFest (PS Vita) – With the help of Big Dave and a crew of trusty roadies, BigFest gives music-lovers the ability to discover real-world music talent and build the ultimate music festival. Partnering with one of the world’s largest free music platforms, players help real-world, unsigned artists climb the charts as they build their mega festival. Players can swing by friends’ festivals to help build the best show or sabotage their success. If you’re feeling generous, boost each other’s festivals by repairing a broken toilet or capturing a streaker. And if you’re feeling a bit naughty, try vandalizing your friend’s tour bus or destroying the stage!
- Fat Princess: Piece of Cake (PS Vita) – Launching later this summer, Fat Princess: Piece of Cake takes the comic medieval battle royale to the next level with a brand-new strategic match-3 free to play puzzle game for PlayStation Vita and mobile platforms. Wrapped within the beloved universe of Fat Princess, you’ll charge into battle with four different character classes to rescue the princess. Throughout the battle, collect gems to upgrade troops, feed cake to the princess to unleash slam attacks and trigger massive combos to save the kingdom. As an added bonus, we’ll also be rewarding you for progressing in the game. When you reach level 15, you’ll unlock a voucher code to download the original Fat Princess for PS3 at no cost.
- Guns Up! (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – A free-to-play strategy game where players take on the role of a General, managing resources and deploying the right combination of troops, land mines, air strikes, and smoke screens to destroy enemy bases and conquer new territories. With Cross-Play, Generals can fine-tune their strategy against opponents with turn-based asynchronous gameplay across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems. We’re excited to share more about Valkyrie Entertainment’s first independently-developed game releasing later this year.
- PAIN Free to Play (PS3) – A wild, physics-based game where players load characters into a super-sized, ultra-powerful slingshot and launch them into an active, physics-controlled environment to cause destruction and PAIN. PAIN Free to Play will be releasing exclusively on PS3 this summer.
And from third-parties:
- Kingdom Under Fire II (PS4) – A brand new style Action RTS, which players can control both Troops and Hero at the same time. As a F2P MMO Game, players can evolve from a novice mercenary up to the ultimate conqueror of the world and can explore massive scale battlefields with other players. Players will uncover the secret storyline which was not revealed from the previous title, Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders.
- Loadout (PS4) – An outrageous multi-player shooter that’s all about the guns, baby! Build a massive variety of absolutely insane weaponry – billions of combinations – totally customized, totally unique, and totally deadly. And better yet, it’s coming as a console exclusive to PS4!
- My Singing Monsters (PS Vita) – A world-building game where the player collects and breeds adorable monsters. There’s a big difference to this game, however, that sets it far apart from others of the genre; these monsters sing, play, and dance! Each island has its own song and is packed full of incredibly cute monsters. The new Yawstrich and G’joob monsters, which are only available on PS Vita, will enhance your islands and make them like none the world has ever seen!
- Onigiri (PS4) – The tale of another world, based on the myths, fables, stories, and legends of old Japan. You, a descendant of the ancient Oni, and your eight companions, must set forth against the Kamigui and their hidden masters, the Goikkou.
- PlanetSide 2 (PS4) – A revolutionary massive scale first-person shooter where soldiers battle as one in strategic, targeted missions against enemy empires in an all-out planetary war. The game challenges the skill and grit of the most seasoned soldier through intense infantry, air, and ground vehicle gameplay.
- Reaper (PSV) – An action RPG platformer directed by Luc Bernard. The player will take control of one of Death’s reapers who decides to turn on Death after she sends him to take the life of his own daughter. You will be able to collect over 100 Soul Cards at launch, which will go from simple things such as equipment, to more powerful cards like Summons and Spells.
PlayStation 4 already has a couple of free-to-play games readily available, including Warframe and War Thunder.