A solo and co-op action–shooter RPG set in a science-fiction cyberpunk world, The Ascent is the first title from Neon Giant, a new 12-person studio composed of games industry veterans who were some of the minds behind iconic AAA titles such as the Gears of War, Bulletstorm, and Wolfenstein franchises. The game will target 60 frames per second and have full 4K support on the Xbox Series X, offering amazing gameplay performance for new generation console players.
The Ascent will see players dive into “The Ascent Group” arcology, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. Taking on the role of an indentured worker, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the empty space. Players will have to take up arms and hold them off. The Ascent begins here.
The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated science-fiction RPG powered by Unreal Engine that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world.
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations, and looting.
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play.
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilize the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment.
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes.
The Ascent News
The Ascent GalleriesView full gallery
May 7, 2020