Skull and Bones
Skull and Bones is an action adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Singapore and published by Ubisoft.
It is the Golden Age of Piracy. Renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth: warships. In Skull and Bones, you are an insatiable, upstart pirate captain who has refused the king’s pardon. Having nothing to lose, you sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an exotic and untamed frontier full of lavish riches.
However, these rich and idyllic waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs are fiercely competing for their share of these valuable treasures.
During your journey to become the ultimate pirate kingpin, you will build a fleet of ships you can customize, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and take down rival pirate captains, memorable characters, or other players. In order to survive in this ruthless ocean, you will have to ally with other pirate captains to form the most influential pirate gang, becoming too big to fail and joining the endless struggle for supremacy of the Indian Ocean.
- From Upstart Pirate Captain to Leader of Your Own Gang – Choose your own pirate captain and grow into the fierce legend that you have always wanted to be. Select your pirate ship class based on your preferred playstyle, evolving it with a rich RPG system. From the safe harbor of your hideout, recruit your crew, customize the ship of your dreams, and pick up on the latest rumors before you set sail to leave your mark on the world. With each successful heist, as your wealth and reputation increases, the world and other players begin to challenge your ascension. Sailing alone becomes a dangerous gamble. Your long-term survival depends on your ability to form the most powerful pirate gang in the Indian Ocean.
- Redefining Naval Combat – Experience unparalleled naval gameplay delivered by the studio who pioneered and designed naval combat for the Assassin’s Creed franchise. Live the thrills, brutality, and intensity of naval combat as you fight for domination of the seas. Harness the innovative wind system in order to navigate more quickly, shoot further, hit harder, escape deadly blows, and position yourself to decimate your victims. Stalk your enemies and use your spyglass to identify weaknesses. Rally your gang to hunt and overpower large merchant ships and outsmart powerful rivals. Approach combat your own way with a wide number of tactical options at your disposal.
- Plunder Trade Routes Solo or Co-Op – Explore a systemic shared world that reacts to your actions and challenge your ascension across multiple parts of the Indian Ocean. Choose your path: engage in combat solo, or team up with other players to take down vicious predatory factions and well-defended convoys. The rewards are yours to share, or steal, if you are willing to face the consequences of betrayal and become a target for other players. There are even rumors of horrifying dangers lurking beneath the surface…
- Intense Multiplayer Action – Treacherous disputed waters separate the unique regions of the Indian Ocean, where pirate gangs compete for riches in explosive naval battles. Confront rival players in competitive five-versus-five matches, and experience the ultimate pirate fantasy in a variety of game modes while you plunder the most valuable loot from the Indian Ocean’s richest trade routes and grow your influence.
- A Constant Challenge – Fighting your way to the top will attract greater challenges for you and your gang. As the world evolves, Skull and Bones will continuously test the heights of your skill, the depths of your greed, and the resolve of your alliances. Vast new regions to explore, powerful ships, devastating weapons, and daring enemies, along with greater rewards, will tempt you from across the four corners of the Indian Ocean. Every victory will bring you closer to glory and raises the price on your head.
Skull and Bones News
Skull and Bones delayed to early fiscal year 2023 to 2024
Skull and Bones delayed to March 9, 2023
Skull and Bones trailers – World, gameplay, and developer commentary
Skull and Bones launches November 8 for PS5, Xbox Series, PC, Stadia, and Luna
Skull and Bones Worldwide Gameplay Reveal live stream set for July 7
Skull & Bones development in “full swing,” but will not appear at Ubisoft Forward on September 10
Skull & Bones delayed, skipping E3 2019
Skull & Bones launches in 2019; E3 2018 cinematic trailer, gameplay walkthrough
Ubisoft announces Skull & Bones for PS4, Xbox One, and PC
Skull and Bones GalleriesView full gallery
July 7, 2022
June 11, 2018
June 12, 2017