Kao the Kangaroo (2022) is a platformer video game developed and published by Tate Multimedia.
Kao—pronounced K-O—will be familiar to any fans of 3D platformers in the early noughties, having made his debut on SEGA’s legendary Dreamcast back in the year 2000. Now, two decades on, Kao is back in business and about to embark on his biggest adventure yet, setting out to find his missing sister and solve the mystery of what happened to his long-lost father.
Players will join Kao as he picks up his magical boxing gloves and travels the world confronting famous fighting masters who are under the influence of disturbing, dark power, all while exploring a colorful and vibrant world alive with activity and visual flair.
The original Kao the Kangaroo series collectively sold more than 700,000 units worldwide, with four games in total having launched across PC, PlayStation 2, PSP, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, and the aforementioned SEGA Dreamcast.
In his latest adventure, Kao will use his boxing gloves to punch a path through his adversaries, jabbing his way through the obstacles ahead as he pummels his way to glory.
- Beautiful, diverse worlds, packed with secrets.
- Engaging and fun gameplay for all ages—family-friendly, but for core gamers too.
- Magic gloves stacked with powers.
- Kao—a cheeky, brave, and feisty kangaroo who embarks on a life-changing journey.
- An engaging story filled with a cast of captivating characters.
- Challenging combat including unique boss battles.
- A whole host of items to collect.
Kao the Kangaroo (2022) News
Kao the Kangaroo DLC ‘Bend the Roo’les’ now available, base game free via Epic Games Store until May 11
Kao the Kangaroo (2022) GalleriesView full gallery
May 4, 2023
October 27, 2022
January 26, 2022