Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is an open-world action adventure video game developed by Sucker Punch Productions and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is an enhanced version of Ghost of Tsushima.
A storm is coming. Discover the expanded Ghost of Tsushima experience in this Director’s Cut.
Uncover the hidden wonders of Tsushima in this open-world action adventure from Sucker Punch Productions and PlayStation Studios, available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
Forge a new path and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima. Challenge opponents with your katana, master the bow to eliminate distant threats, develop stealth tactics to ambush enemies and explore a new story on Iki Island.
Director’s Cut features all additional content released to date, as well as brand new content:
- Full game.
- Iki Island expansion: New story, mini-games, enemy types and more.
- Legends online co-op mode.
- Digital mini art book.
- One Technique Point.
- Charm of Hachiman’s Favor.
- Hero of Tsushima Skin Set: Golden Mask, Sword Kit, Horse, Saddle.
- Director’s commentary: The creative team sits down with a renowned Japanese historian to look at the world of Ghost of Tsushima and how it compares to the real-life events that inspired it.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Stunning Visuals – Dynamic 4K resolution targeting 60 frames per second.
- Haptic Feedback – DualSense wireless controller haptic feedback and adaptive trigger resistance.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on Compatible Headphones – 3D Audio (with analog or USB stereo headphones).
- Lip sync for Japanese voiceover.
- Ability to transfer PlayStation 4 saved progress to PlayStation 5 game.
In War-Torn Tsushima, Ancient Beauty Endures
Venture beyond the battlefield to experience feudal Japan like never before. In this open-world action adventure, you’ll roam vast countrysides and expansive terrain to encounter rich characters, discover ancient landmarks, and uncover the hidden beauty of Tsushima.
Explore meticulously-crafted regions showcasing diversity of life on the sprawling island—from billowing fields and tranquil shrines to ancient forests, villages and stark mountainscapes. Find peace in the quiet moments of natural harmony and solace in the moments you’ll share with the people you help along the way.
The Rise of the Ghost
Jin was raised and trained in the ways of the samurai. When the Mongols handily defeat the samurai forces, Jin’s world is shattered. He is faced with the most difficult decision of his life: honor the tradition and customs of his samurai upbringing and maintain a fight he cannot win, or deviate from his samurai path to protect the island and its people by any means necessary.
In his quest to reclaim Tsushima, Jin must seek the guidance and support of old friends and new unlikely allies. He must break away from tradition, become a new kind of warrior, and protect what’s left of his home at all costs.
Mud, Blood, and Steel
The Mongol enemy is unpredictable and formidable in warfare and weaponry. Get the upper hand by adapting Jin’s skills and learning new tactics to defend the island and protect the people of Tsushima.
Challenge opponents head-on in close quarters with your katana for a unique immersive samurai combat experience. Master the bow to eliminate distant threats with lethal precision. Develop stealth and deception tactics to disorient and ambush enemies with surprise attacks.
An adaptive landscape and organic approach to combat makes Tsushima the perfect playground for mixing and matching skills, weapons, and tactics to find the perfect combat blend for your play style. As Jin’s story unfolds, versatility and creativity will become your greatest weapons.
Meet some of the characters you’ll encounter on your journey.
- Jin Sakai – While Jin starts the game as a samurai, he’ll learn skills and adopt tactics that are decidedly not samurai-like and begin to form his new identity, The Ghost. As you play, you’ll learn more about Jin, the threats he faces, the allies that help him along his journey, and what he’ll have to give up to become this new kind of warrior.
- Shimura – Shimura is the jito (lord) of Tsushima. He is a samurai as well as uncle and father figure to Jin. He’s trained Jin since childhood in the traditional ways of the samurai, and grows increasingly concerned by the tactics Jin starts to adopt as he abandons his teachings and becomes The Ghost.
- Khotun Khan – Khan is a Mongol general and leader of the Mongol army invading Tsushima Island. Khan is a ruthless, cunning enemy who uses everything he knows about the samurai to try to destroy them. He’s a brutal, unrelenting adversary that Jin will quickly learn not to underestimate.
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, is a cooperative multiplayer experience inspired by Japanese folk tales and mythology. Choose from one of four classes—Samurai, Hunter, Ronin, or Assassin—and play with friends or via online matchmaking in a series of two-player story missions or four-player wave-based survival missions. Ghost of Tsushima: Legends is available as a free download for Ghost of Tsushima owners.
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut News
Ghost of Tsushima sales top 9.73 million
Ghost of Tsushima sales top eight million
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends ‘Prove Yourself in Rivals’ trailer
Famitsu Sales: 8/16/21 – 8/22/21 [Update]
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut launch trailer
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends standalone version, ‘Rivals Mode’ update launches September 3
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut ‘Iki Island’ story trailer, screenshots
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut announced for PS5, PS4
ESRB rates Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut for PS5, PS4
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut GalleriesView full gallery
July 28, 2021
July 21, 2021
July 1, 2021