Cris Tales is a turn-based role-playing video game developed by Dreams Uncorporated and SYCK, and published by Modus Games.
Experience Past, Present, and Future simultaneously in this gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs.
Cris Tales is a gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs with a new perspective. Peer into the past, act in the present, and watch as your choices dynamically change the future—all on one screen as you play! Join the newly awakened Time Mage Crisbell and her fantastical companions on their journey across a dark, fairytale world facing a grim future.
Crisbell must embark across Crystallis and the four Kingdoms in a bid to stop the powerful Time Empress and rewrite the future of the world and all those living in it. Along the way, she’ll meet and recruit powerful allies with their own unique stories and skills like Matias the Frog and Willhelm the Child Mage.
As she explores the world and meets her unique companions, Crisbell will have to make choices with far-reaching consequences for the people she meets—consequences that will impact the world you’ll experience in real-time throughout your journey. Each companion will be invaluable as you face these choices and the myriad enemies who stand in your way. Will you buffet them with attacks, or discover creative ways to use Crisbell’s time powers to alter the reality of each fight?
Beautifully hand-drawn 2D art is animated frame by frame to bring the branching pasts and futures of each region, enemy, and NPC to life across more than 20 hours of gameplay. Experience a unique combination of branching stories, innovative combat, and classic RPG excitement in Cris Tales’ exciting and unforgettable exploration of how our actions echo through time.
- A Love Letter to Classic JRPGs – Inspired by timeless JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and modern classics like Bravely Default and Persona 5, meet and recruit a unique cast of teammates, challenge myriad enemies, and make your way through an expansive world.
- Experience the Past, Present, and Future Simultaneously – Peer into and learn from the past, decide on actions in the present, and alter the course of the future in ways that will reshape the world dynamically depending on the choices you make.
- Master Strategic Turn-Based Combat – Warp your enemies into the past or future, synchronize attacks for enhanced group abilities, and master the timing of attack and defense to go beyond your party’s limits in combat.
- Uncover a Fascinating Story & Characters – The Empress’ plot to destroy the world is complex and layered. Use your wits and recruit powerful allies throughout the world to uncover and undo her multi-faceted web and make your way to the True Ending of this enchanting tale.
- Discover a Beautiful World – Climb aboard an airship or boat and traverse this handcrafted, dark fairytale world. From the shining kingdom of Crystallis to the slums of Saint Clarity, discover each unique location and shape its future.
Cris Tales News
Cris Tales update now available, adds new character Adri, new dungeon, new ending, more
Cris Tales opening cinematic
Cris Tales launches July 20
Cris Tales ‘Character’ trailer, voice cast announced
Cris Tales launches in July, overview trailer
Cris Tales limited print Collector’s Edition announced for U.S.
Cris Tales ‘Present and Future’ gameplay overview video
Cris Tales delayed to early 2021
Cris Tales Gamescom 2020 trailer
Cris Tales demo now available for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
Cris Tales – nine minutes of gameplay
Cris Tales launches November 17 for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and Stadia, coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X
Cris Tales – 22 minutes of gameplay
Cris Tales adds Stadia version
Cris Tales details Crystallis region
Cris Tales ‘Response to Demo Feedback’ developer diary
Classic Japanese RPG-inspired Cris Tales announced for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC
Cris Tales GalleriesView full gallery
December 16, 2021
January 19, 2021
June 13, 2020
June 10, 2019