Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus was successfully funded on Kickstarter back in March 2022, where it surpassed its stretch goal for a Switch version and nearly achieved its stretch goal for PlayStation and Xbox versions.
When asked if it could confirm the release of Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus for consoles, a Humble Games representative said it will discuss future plans for console launches at a later date.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Drift down from the Celestial Realm.
Flow with acrobatic grace and agility through a mysterious world of myth and legend in Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus, a colorful hand-drawn adventure inspired by Japanese folklore.
Undertake a mystical journey as Bo, a celestial blossom (fox tentaihana) descended from the heavens to play a key role in an ancient and mysterious ritual. Use your legendary bo staff to bounce and glide fluidly through an otherworldly realm of hand-drawn, dreamlike landscapes, strange and adorable yokai, and massive monsters summoned from ancient legends of Japan.
- Discover a Mysterious and Haunted World – Explore a diverse and interconnected world in a 2.5D side-scrolling action platformer with Metroidvania elements. Journey to a haunted castle, a thriving Japanese-inspired metropolis, and many more strange and wondrous places—then find ways to travel back and fully explore newly unlocked paths and surprises.
- Find your Flow – Navigate the world’s platforming challenges with acrobatic precision, elegance, and finesse. Use Bo’s distinctive move-and-reset system to reach new areas efficiently or recover when your footing flounders.
- Master New Staff Transformations – Brew and drink arcane teas to unlock powerful new abilities for Bo’s shapeshifting staff. Mash foes with the Mochi Mallet, unlock new movement techniques like the Lotus Dash and Grappling Gun, and gracefully power up along your journey.
- Collect Powerful Daruma Allies – Each colorful Daruma doll you discover can be upgraded and summoned to the battlefield, where these adorable and powerful allies can deploy spells and other spectacular abilities to aid you in combat.
- Drawn from a Dream – Explore a vibrant 2.5D vision that blends the beauty of paintings, the personality of hand-drawn illustrations, and the elegance of papercraft.
- Spirited Cast of Allies and Enemies – Engage with a larger-than-life cast of bizarre and adorable yokai (supernatural spirits from Japanese folklore) and other original characters inspired by Japanese myth, all brought to life with traditional hand-drawn 2D frame-by-frame animation. Help them with their side quests—or just stop by for a chat and a cup of tea.
- Mythic Boss Battles – Challenge massive, awe-inspiring monsters drawn from Japanese folklore! You’ll need to call upon all of the knowledge and acrobatic skill you’ve gained to vanquish these powerful adversaries and advance further in your quest.
- Move to the Music – Drift along to the music of a gorgeous original score composed by Moises Camargo, blending traditional Japanese instrumentation with modern orchestral music.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.