Bramble: The Mountain King will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC via Steam on April 27, publisher Merge Games and developer Dimfrost Studios announced. The physical edition will cost £29.99 / $34.99 / €34.99 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, and £34.99 / $39.99 / €39.99 for Switch.
Additionally, the “Nacken Pond” demo is available now for PC via Steam as part of Steam Next Fest February 2023 Edition. The same demo was originally released in Q4 2022 for PlayStation 5 and PC, and has generated over 50,000 combined downloads.
Here is an overview of the game, via Merge Games:
Bramble: The Mountain King draws on the powerful creatures and rich fables of Nordic myth to spin a unique tale of one boy’s courage in the face of sinister creatures and maddening darkness.
The game has received overwhelming support from players, pushing it to the top trending title worldwide on YouTube over Halloween weekend, and seeing more players immersing themselves in the dark and sodden world of Bramble through the demo each day.
Take on the role of Olle, a young but brave boy, called by fate to adventure through the unsettling yet stunning environments of Bramble to rescue his sister from the clutches of beasts.
Dwarfed by the sprawling world around him, navigate a sinister world of monstrous beasts and the contagious dark of the woods. Decipher friend from foe on a hair-raising journey of suspense and survival… you can save your sister, but can you save yourself?
- Traverse the sinister world of Bramble on an emotional journey to find your sister.
- Unravel dark secrets and discover what lurks in the depths of your mind as you fight for courage.
- Beautiful art encapsulating story-driven gameplay with immersive cinematic moments.
- Encounter mythical creatures such as Näcken, the Skogsra, trolls, gnomes and more.
- Explore a sprawling landscape of tremendous heights and plunging depths inspired by Nordic nature.
Watch a new trailer below.