Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key has gone gold, publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Gust announced. That means the game has completed development and is ready for mass production to meet its release date.
Here is an overview of the game, via Koei Tecmo:
The final summer, the final secret…
This is the third JRPG title in the Secret series, which consists of Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout released in 2019 and Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy in 2021, and illustrates the final adventure of Ryza and her friends.
Especially for this title, the “keys” make the adventure more exciting and convenient. You can create powerful items (Synthesis) with various keys or boost character abilities to fight monsters. (Battle) Furthermore, using the key, you can unlock barriers and treasure chests so that get rare items when you explore fields. (Exploration)
Join team Ryza on her last adventure!
Ryza’s adventure starts from the sudden appearance of mysterious islands?!
Ryza and her friends are living their lives on Kurken Island when news of a sudden appearance of a mysterious group of islands in nearby waters arrives, and they quickly set out to investigate. To find a way to save her island, Ryza and her friends will set off on an adventure surrounding “keys” and the “roots of alchemy.”
The “last summer adventure” of the grown-up Ryza and her friends begins.
- The stage for this adventure is a vast open field!
- The field is made up of multiple maps that are connected seamlessly, allowing players to move around each map without loading times. Enjoy this adventure in a vast and ‘living’ field with greater freedom.
- The story progresses by exploring four regions.
- Each region has a different look and can be explored without experiencing loading times. Enjoy emotional and beautiful scenery, while running around the vast field with Ryza and her friends.
- A total of 11 party members!
- Reunite with characters from previous games, and meet new characters who will be key to the story. Enjoy an adventure with the largest number of party members within this series.
- “Keys” with unknown powers hold the secret to success!
- The core system in this game is the “keys” generated in various situations.
- There are various types of keys, and all of the keys obtained can be used in different instances of exploration, synthesis, and battle.
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key is due out for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on March 23 in Japan and March 24 worldwide.