Publisher Deep Silver and developer Dambuster Studios will release Dead Island 2 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC via Epic Games Store, and Stadia on February 3, 2023, the companies announced.
The Day One Edition will include the downloadable content “Memories of Banoi Pack,” which contains the Banoi War Club, Memories of Banoi Baseball Bat, Weapon Perk (balanced, Personal space skill card).
Here is an overview of the game, via Deep Silver:
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is under quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the tainted zombie powers running through your veins. Only you, and the handful of other swaggering assholes who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, hold the future of Los Angeles (and humanity), in the balance. You were born for this.
As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak you’ll also discover just who—or what—you are. Survive, evolve, save the world—just another day in HELL-A.
- Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now stained with horror, in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and tactical (and brutal) options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? Our Los Angeles is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks and hundreds of visual Los Angeles-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story, to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in Los Angeles for a very long (and gory) trip.
Unique to players in North America, Dead Island 2 will also feature Alexa Game Control which allows players to use their voice to seamlessly interact with zombies, change weapons, navigate the world of HELL-A, and more.
Watch a new set of trailers below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.