Block building RPG Dragon Quest Builders is now available for iOS via App Store and Android via Google Play, Square Enix announced. It is priced at a 20 percent-off launch discount price of $21.99 until June 9.
Dragon Quest Builders first launched for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita on January 28, 2016 in Japan, followed by PlayStation 4 and PS Vita on October 11, 2016 in North America and October 14, 2016 in Europe, and Switch on February 9, 2018 worldwide and March 1, 2018 in Japan.
Here is an overview of the mobile version, via its store pages:
Explore a world made of blocks as you gather, craft, and build to defeat the evil Dragonlord! Build everywhere from anywhere in Dragon Quest Builders, available now on mobile. Brought to you by Square Enix!
- Travel and Explore the Vast World of Dragon Quest – In this “Block-Building RPG,” YOU are the legendary builder that has the power to build! The realm of Alefgard has been plunged into darkness by the terrible and treacherous Dragonlord, the ruler of all monsters. Venture off on the epic adventure to restore Alefgard!
- Face Off Against Vicious Foes – You will encounter Slimes, Golems, Dragons, and more. Familiar Dragon Quest monsters of all sizes threaten the survival of humankind! Craft weapons, build defenses, and fight the monsters to protect your base. Use your power to build and play smart when fighting against frightening enemies in action packed combat!
- Gather, Craft, and Build from Anywhere – In this world made of blocks, everything you see can be materials used to create! Farm ingredients, craft various items and build your base to unite the people roaming the ruins. From buildings to entire towns, you have the freedom to make your village your very own. The power to build is in the palm of your hands!
- Build Better on Mobile with Special Features Added – Place blocks by simply tapping the screen and destroy blocks and items more easily with specialized cursors. A convenient Undo Button function has also been added to allow you to restore your work! Convert your buildings in to Build Cards to share with friends and scan their buildings to have them show up in your island!
- New Downloadable Content as In-App Purchases – New downloadable content added in “Terra Incognita,” the land where you can freely build and play! Downloadable content includes:
- “Magic Carpet,” “Boss Monster Model Set,” “Astronomy Set”, and “Pixel Ring.”
- “All in One Pack” (a set of the above four downloadable contents).
Watch a trailer below. Visit the Japanese official website here.