The relaunched service will combine the existing PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now services, as well as offer even more content such as a catalog of classic games from the original PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PSP generations.
Here is an overview of the three membership tiers:
PlayStation Plus Essential
- Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members are getting today, such as:
- Two monthly downloadable games.
- Exclusive discounts.
- Cloud storage for saved games.
- Online multiplayer access.
- There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members in this tier.
- Price for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
- United States – $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly.
- Europe – €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly.
- United Kingdom – £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly.
- Japan – ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly.
PlayStation Plus Extra
- United States – $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly.
- Europe – €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly.
- United Kingdom – £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly.
- Japan – ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly.
PlayStation Plus Premium
- Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers.
- Adds up to 340 additional games, including:
- PlayStation 3 games available via cloud streaming.
- A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PSP generations.
- Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PSP, and PlayStation 4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, and PC.
- Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
- United States – $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly.
- Europe – €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly.
- United Kingdom – £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly.
- Japan – ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly.
- PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) – For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.
When the tiered subscription service launches, PlayStation Now will no longer be offered as a standalone service, and existing customers will migrate to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.
“We’re working closely with our imaginative developers from PlayStation Studios and third-party partners to include some of the best gaming experiences available with a library that will be regularly refreshed,” said Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan.
In the June timeframe, the new service will launch first in several markets in Asia, followed by North America, Europe, and the rest of the world where PlayStation Plus is offered.
“We aim to have most PlayStation Network territories live with our new PlayStation Plus game subscription service by the end of the first half of 2022,” Ryan said. “We also plan to expand our cloud streaming benefit to additional markets, and will provide more details at a later date.”
Further information will be announced closer to launch.