Publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis have announced Valfaris sequel Valfaris: Mecha Therion for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam. A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Therion returns as the hunt for Lord Vroll continues. Pilot an advanced machine of death and destruction in this explosive 2.5D side-scrolling shoot ‘em up, and sequel to the critically acclaimed Valfaris. Strap in and unleash mecha hell!
After escaping Valfaris, Therion’s hunt for the evil Lord Vroll has taken him across the galaxy. As the final, inevitable showdown looms, Therion harnesses the awesome combat ability of his secret weapon—Mecha Therion!
A formidable suit of weaponized metal, Mecha Therion can be equipped with an array of devastating firepower, including enemy eviscerating favourites such as Bringer of Mayhem, Skysplitter, and Therion’s trademark Hellwraith.
- Strap in and unleash mecha hell!
- Fight through multiple levels of hostile alien territory.
- Master a range of Melee, Ballistic, and Destroyer class weapons.
- Configure your Mecha loadout with your favorite weapon combos.
- Earn Blood Metal to upgrade weapons and add-ons.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.