Publisher Rocket Panda Games and developers Mages. and GameLoop have announced Phantom Breaker: Omnia, a “massive update” to the May 2013-released fighting game Phantom Breaker: Extra. It will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam in 2021 worldwide. Limited Run Games will produce a limited print physical edition for PlayStation 4 and Switch.
“We are thrilled to bring to the world the definitive version of the Phantom Breaker fighting game, Phantom Breaker: Omnia—a game that was nearly lost to the annals of gaming history,” said Rocket Panda Games executive panda and co-founder M. Panda in a press release. “As fans of the franchise and video games at large, our mission was not only to port the game to modern consoles, but enhance the experience beyond its original scope—a philosophy we plan to extend to every title that Rocket Panda Games releases in the future.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Rocket Panda Games:
- Title: Phantom Breaker: Omnia
- Release Date: 2021
- Genre: 2D fighting
- Developer: Mages., GameLoop
- Publisher: Rocket Panda Games
- Digital: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC (Steam)
- Physical: PlayStation 4, Switch (in partnership with Limited Run Games)
- Players: One-to-two (local or online)
Phantom Breaker: Omnia, a massive update to Phantom Breaker: Extra, a one-versus-one 2D anime fighter originally released by Mages. in 2013, will be coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2021.
Phantom Breaker: Omnia will be the first fighting game title in the franchise to see a western release after the successful 2013 launch of the 2D side-scrolling beat ’em up spin-off Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds, which sold over 400,000 copies.
A mysterious man, known only as “Phantom” appeared in Tokyo—the capital city of Japan—and manipulated vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as “Fu-mension Artifacts.” In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive.
Unbeknownst to the combatants, the fierce clashes between Fu-mension Artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom’s destructive powers.
- 20 Character Roster – Includes all the characters and guest characters from Phantom Breaker: Extra like Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate and two brand new characters created specifically for Phantom Breaker: Omnia.
- Choose from Three Different Fighting Styles: Quick, Hard, and Omnia – The three different styles in the game can drastically change your characters’ speed, power, and mechanics.
- Retuned and Rebalanced – The ability to pull off amazing combos and special attacks has never been easier as Phantom Breaker: Omnia‘s fighting system has been overhauled and rebalanced.
- Dual Language Audio and More – A Phantom Breaker series first, all the characters will have English voice acting. The game’s text will be also translated into English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Modern, Remixed Soundtrack – The background music for each character has been redone and remixed with the option to play the original background music.
- The Complete Experience – Players can immerse themselves with the stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra.
English Voice Cast
- Luci Christian – Cocoa (Ochaco in My Hero Academia)
- Monica Rial – Fin (Stocking in Panty & Stocking)
- Joe Zieja – Infinity (Achilles in Fate / Apocrypha)
- Erica Lindbeck – Itsuki (Futaba Sakura in Persona 5)
- Sarah Williams – M (Jinx in League of Legends)
- Kira Buckland – Mei (Mary Saotome in Kakegurui)
- Erica Mendez – Mikoto (Retsuko in Aggretsuko)
- SungWon Cho – Phantom (FL4K in Borderlands 3)
- Alejandro Saab – Ren (Leon in Pokemon Journeys)
- Caitlin Glass – Ria (Cammy White in Street Fighter V)
- Lilypichu – Rin (Mina in Ethereal Enigma)
- Laura Stahl – Shizuka (Aiger Akabane in Beyblade Burst Turbo)
- Felicia Angelle – Sophia (Toru Hagakure in My Hero Academia)
- Matt Mercer – Tokiya (McCree in Overwatch)
- Cristina Vee – Waka (Noel in BlazBlue)
- Amber Connor – Yuzuha (Ms. Joke in My Hero Academia)
- Carrie Savage – Rimi (Celica A. Mercury in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle)
- Trina Nishimura – Kurisu Makise (Mikasa Ackermann in Attack on Titan)
- Patrick Seitz – Gaito (Dio in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Daman Mills – Ende (Frieza – Dragon Ball Super)