Publisher X.D. Network and developer HongCha Games have announced Far Away, a mystery visual novel featuring branching storylines and “dozens” of player decisions. It will launch for PC via Steam and mobile in 2021.
HongCha Games staff includes various producers and artists behind titles such as Arknights, Girls’ Frontline, and Touhou Project content.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Far Away is a stunning anime visual novel that offers branching storylines and dozens of choices. You play as Krosa Nonet, a bay worker in the old town of Bedjan who becomes wrapped up in the city’s underworld. With multiple storylines and dozens of options, each decision you make directly impacts on Krosa and the city. Find clues, explore different character perspectives, and piece together the mysteries of Bedjan against the backdrop of a city filled with corruption.
- Stunning visuals from famed artists who created art for Arknights and Girls’ Frontline.
- 500,000 words of text, eight main storylines, and dozens of decisions to take.
- The choices you make directly impact the story, its plot twists and outcomes.
- Explore noir themes in the murky underworld of Bedjan, and take on corrupt officials.
- An incredible and original soundtrack from Zris of Arknights fame.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.