Far Away is a visual novel video game developed by Gratesca Studio and published by Thermite Games.
Far Away is a visual novel full of dark humor depicting immersive storylines rather than romantic drama. You will play as Krosa, a typical girl who experiences gang conflicts, crimes, conspiracies, and family grudges in the port city of Bedjan.
Many years later, Krosa still recalls that morning in the Bedjan Harbor—The cold and fishy sea mist dispersed, steamboat bellowing at a great distance. She put on her mechanical arms and began a typical day as a docker. However, she never imagined her life would completely change on that day…
Friends, welcome to Bedjan, “city of sea and sand.” You will be introduced to Krosa, a typical young girl working as a docker. You will be given the opportunity to decide where her intriguing adventures lead to. The story of Far Away takes place on the Colseth Continent where Bedjan lies; a coastal city on the edge of a desert. Countless forces covet the city due to its strategic geographical location.
Twenty years have passed since the last war grinded to a halt in Bedjan. The city has seemingly retrieved a sense of peace and stability. However, an unsettling current is sweeping through the city. Chaos and a horrible scheme begins to brew in the “underworld.” Krosa, as merely a common Bedjan citizen, can you frustrate the scheme? How will you change this city?
- Krosa Nonet (protagonist) – A typical girl who follows her father’s footsteps to work in the old quarter’s dock of Bedjan. Laborious and boring work makes her wonder if life lacks meaning and is seriously considering whether she should find a new job.
- Ava Narba – The Narban people inhabit a grand desert and live as traveling merchants. To establish a “cool” caravan, Ava has been visiting different countries and adventures on this continent full of uncertainties and opportunities. Currently, she is recruiting caravan members in Bedjan.
- Lica Wolf – Ava Narba The Narban people inhabit a grand desert and live as traveling merchants. To establish a “cool” caravan, Ava has been visiting different countries and adventures on this continent full of uncertainties and opportunities. Currently, she is recruiting caravan members in Bedjan.
- Enzo Kent – The chairman of the biggest gang, the Klover, in Bedjan, rivalling Wolf’s gang and other small gangs. Enzo dresses decently and is well-educated. However, every word or move of him reeks of danger, exposing his nature as a sinister gangster.
- Miller Yang – A police officer who just graduated from the Police Academy and now works in the Bedjan Police Station. The son of a rich merchant family, he somehow chooses the career path of a police officer. Miller is a passionate, prudent man and holds strong perseverance towards justice.
- Tate Evans – A rising star among freelance journalists, welcomed by different newspapers. Tate always perceives the upcoming sensational news stories and is able to take photos with perfect composure as the moment unfolds. Very familiar with social conflicts in Bedjan and good at picking up girls.
- Dirk Gein – A cold-blooded killer, an absolute bad guy. He has been working in the Klover for many years and handles his work effectively, which makes all his clients speak highly of him. He always puts on a twisted, sickening smile.
- Ellery Rath – A private detective and former soldier who retired due to the loss of his left leg. Ellery was born in Stamino, a neighboring country of Bedjan. For many reasons, he came to settle down in Bedjan and investigate a transnational case. After putting on his mechanical leg, his body always reeks of engine oil.
- Tracys – A mysterious girl that always addresses herself as a “gentlewoman.” None of her real identity, background, and purpose is known—perhaps she is also using a fake name.
The game contains up to nine riveting storylines, 16 alternate endings, and over 300 options to choose from. Immerse yourself in this over 500-thousand-word story, make choices, and witness intriguing character development.
Bring Krosa, the main character, to life in various corners of Bedjan city. Lead her in joining different forces and establish relationships with other characters. Not only will you decide Krosa’s fate and other important role-playing characters, but the destiny of Bedjan’s citizens as well.
You can collect fragments of intelligence, experience the game from various perspectives on a single timeline, and finally understand the whole scenario of schemes and secrets to Far Away.
To present the classic features of Hong Kong crime thriller films, the game adopts the dubbing of Cantonese; the use of dark humor, Easter eggs, references to anime and films within the game will surely brighten your mood!
Far Away News
Far Away GalleriesView full gallery
October 13, 2020