Get the details below.
(All times are Japan Standard Time.)
Schedule at a Glance
- Block 1
- 20:00 to 20:50 – Opening: Forerunner! TGS 2020 Online (YouTube) – Three official program MCs and TGS 2020 Online official supporter Hajime Syacho will introduce the highlights of the four days event. Featuring Koji Watanabe, Kosuke Hiraiwa, Shouhei Taguchi, Hajime Syacho, and more.
- 21:00 to 21:50 – Xbox Tokyo Game Show Showcase 2020 (YouTube) – The Xbox Tokyo Game Show Showcase is a place where everyone can have fun, featuring messages from Japanese creators, latest news on Microsoft Flight Simulator for PC, a Japanese Minecraft community update, and information on recently announced games.
- 22:00 to 22:50 – Square Enix: NieR TGS 2020 Special Programming: The “We Have a Decent Amount of New Info” Special (YouTube) – The latest information on NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, NieR Re[in]carnation, and NieR: Automata. Featuring Yosuke Saito (NieR series producer), Yoko Taro (NieR series creative director), Keiichi Okabe (NieR series composer), Saki Iot9 NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… director at Toylogic), Daichi Matsukawa (NieR Re[in]carnation director at Applibot), Takahisa Taura (NieR: Automata game designer at PlatinumGames), and MC Hiroki Yasumoto (Grimoire Weiss voice actor in NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…). (Pre-recorded, subtitled in English.)
- 23:00 to 23:50 – Lightning Games (YouTube) – Three brand new indie titles presented by Lightning Games: HARDCORE MECHA, HAAK, and ANNO: Mutationem. Don’t miss out on the freshest game development story and latest gameplay demonstration!
- Block 1
- 11:00 – Organizer’s Program: Game Industry Latest Technology Trends for 2021 (YouTube) – Game industry leaders look to 2021 with a variety of the latest technology trends that drive the game industry, including new hardware, game engines that draw the latest games, new devices such as VR and AR, and cloud services. Featuring Kiyoshi Shin (game journalist), Yohei Yanase (Unity Technologies Japan product evangelist and educational lead), Zenji Nishikawa (technical journalist), and Shota Azuma (Nikkei BP editor for Nikkei XTECH and Nikkei Electronics).
- 12:00 to 12:50 – Gamera Game Now! Tokyo Game Show Special (YouTube, Niconico) – Debuting to the world from China! Delivering interesting and innovative indie games. Check out the latest releases from Gamera Game.
- 13:00 to 13:50 – Huawei Technologies Japan App Gallery (YouTube)
- 14:00 to 14:50 – Renaissance High School Group (YouTube) – Renaissance High School Group eSports course introduces our activities in eSports as a high school, such as the significance of learning eSports for high school students, and the daily lives of eSports courses’ students. In this program, our students will have a talk with “Tanukana” and play an exhibition match with “Dogura,” both are professional eSports players at CYCLOPS athlete gaming. In addition, we will announce new initiatives of promoting eSports in the junior and senior high school age groups.
- 15:00 to 15:50 – SoftBank (YouTube)
- 16:00 to 16:50 – Lilith Games: AFK Arena x Rise of Kingdoms TGS Special Official Live Stream (YouTube) – Lillith Games will introduce AFK Arena and Rise of Kingdoms, as well as deliver the latest game information.
- 17:00 to 17:50 – BenQ Japan: New Brand Presentation (YouTube) – BenQ, the leading global display brand, will debut a new gaming product series at the show.
- 18:00 to 18:50 – DMM Games New Title Presentation (YouTube) – Information on games released and to be released from DMM Games, as well as many announcements for titles debuting for the first time at Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online.
- 19:00 – Keynote: The Future Touches Gaming First (YouTube) – As society undergoes major changes due to Covid-19, the possibilities of the game continue to expand, with the release of next-generation consoles and their game titles, and the increase in e-Sports players. On the other hand, the game production process is changing due to the influence of COVID-19. Representatives of four major Japanese publishers talk about the everyday life that games bring. Featuring Katsuhiko Hayashi (Kadokawa Game Linkage), Daisuke Uchiyama (Bandai Namco Studios president and CEO), Jun Takeuchi (Capcom managing executive officer and general manager of R&D Department 1), Hiroshi Tanibuchi (executive director of Powerful Pro Baseball and Professional Baseball Spirits series), and Naoki Hamaguchi (Square Enix manager of Division 1, Creative Business Unit 1, and Final Fantasy VII Remake co-director).
- 20:00 to 20:50 – Sega / Atlus TV (YouTube English, Japanese, Chinese) – Check out Sega / Atlus’ lineup featuring existing and upcoming titles releasing this fall. Don’t miss the special Sega 60th anniversary event and other live stream broadcasts featuring various guest personalities as we bring you the latest information, including an overview of our Tokyo Game Show exhibit.
- 21:00 to 21:50 – GungHo Online Entertainment Tokyo Game Show Official Live Stream (YouTube)
- 22:00 to 22:50 – Capcom Special Program (YouTube English, Japanese, Niconico) – Watch out for the Capcom Special Program, to be live streamed as part of TGS 2020 Online! Reveals and latest game updates are planned for titles such as Resident Evil Village and more!
- 23:00 to 23:50 – Mouse Computer (YouTube)
- 24:00 to 24:50 – Efun New Title Information Live Stream (YouTube) – The latest information on Illusion Connect, Stella Chronicle, and two games expected to be launched next year by Efun.
- 25:00 to 25:50 – Fujitsu Connected Technologies (YouTube) – An eSports variety program delivered using arrows 5G mobile technology.
- Block 2
- 17:00 to 19:00 – Sense of Wonder Night 2020 (YouTube English, Japanese) – Sense of Wonder Night 2020 is “the sense that everyone changes their own world instantly when they see the concept or hear the concept” = “Sense of Wonder.” This event explorers to discover game ideas that cause “WONDER” and give game developers the opportunity to make presentations and introduce works at Tokyo Game Show venue. This year, the 13th time, will be holding online.
- Block 3
- 23:00 to 26:00 – eSports X: Street Fighter League: Pro-JP 2020 Part 1: Opener
- Block 1
- 10:00 – Organizer’s Program: How To Enjoy 2020 e-Sports (YouTube) – Esports is expanding its base. Key persons from different fields such as professional esports teams, sponsor companies, and gaming device suppliers will be gathering to convey the changes in the forefront of esports. E-sports in which professional athletes compete for skills, amateur e-sports in which corporate competition and internal activities of the company are lively, and e-sports as targets for watching games and cheering. Now that many tournaments have been switched online due to the influence of the corona disaster, how to fully enjoy e-sports? Featuring Ren Nishitani (Rush Gaming CEO and Wekids CEO), Takashi Fukuyoshi (Sapporo Breweries senior media planning manager), David Bennett (Lenovo Japan president and CEO), and Aya Hirano (Nikkei BP deputy editor-in-chief of Nikkei XTREND).
- 11:00 to 11:50 – D3 Publisher: Save the Square Earth! Earth Defense Force: World Brothers TGS 2020 Live Stream (YouTube, Niconico) – An introduction to Earth Defense Force: World Brothers.
- 12:00 to 13:50 – Happinet (YouTube) – Happinet plans to release information on a variety of new titles that Happinet will be responsible for selling in Japan. We are planning a variety of programs such as introduction of unreleased information, video clips and gameplay videos.
- 14:00 to 14:50 – Spike Chunsoft: Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire (YouTube)
- 15:00 to 16:50 – Level-5 Special Meeting (YouTube) – Introducing the latest information on Level-5.
- 17:00 to 17:50 – GREE Animation Game Show 2020 (YouTube)
- 18:00 to 18:50 – Cygames: TGS 2020 Special Sneak Peek Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle (YouTube, Niconico) – Tune in for a sneak peek at Cygames’ upcoming title, Shadowverse: Champion’s Battle, coming exclusively to Switch. Special guests from the game’s cast will be joining us in bringing you the latest previews and more for this highly anticipated release! Featuring Gakuto Kajiwara (voice actor for Hiiro Ryuugasaki), Yui Ogura (voice actor for Alice Kurobane), and Yuito Kimura (Shadowverse producer).
- 19:00 – Japan Game Awards 2020: Day 1 (YouTube)
- 20:00 to 20:50 – Konami: Edens Zero Game and Anime Live Stream (YouTube English, Japanese) – The latest information on the Edens Zero game, anime, and future developments with guest Hiro Mashima (original manga artist) and the cast of the anime.
- 21:00 to 21:50 – Koei Tecmo Games: TGS 2020 Special Program: Two Key Titles (YouTube, Niconico) – First half: New trailer and first live gameplay for Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy, as well as other “firsts.” Second half: First live gameplay of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, as well as all sorts of the latest information such as character introductions by the development team. Featuring MC Ruriko Aoki, Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Masaki Furusawa (producer), and Ryouta Matsushita (director).
- 23:00 to 23:50 – I-O Data Device (YouTube) – I-O Data Device supports gameplay, practice, and streaming on a variety of devices. Here are some products that help gamers update their games just a little bit more.
- 24:00 to 24:50 – Tencent Games (YouTube)
- Block 2
- Block 3
- Block 1
- 10:00 – Organizer’s Program: Make a Game with Nintendo Switch & Become a Game Creator! (YouTube) – Petitcon 4 SmileBASIC that you can make and play games with Nintendo Switch is used to make games. Let’s make a game using Petit Computer 4 that can make pictures and sounds as well as programming. How can I become a game creator? There is also a question corner where Hakase can answer your questions! This is a program for children who want to be a game creator, but don’t know what they are doing or what to do. Featuring Takaki Kobayashi (SmileBoom president and CEO) and UI (movie creator).
- 11:00 to 11:50 – Linekong (YouTube) – Introduction to Ys series development history and connections; Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA smartphone game latest information; and give the latest version a try!
- 12:00 to 12:50 – Japan Electronics College (YouTube) – Introducing student works from the three game departments!
- 13:00 to 13:50 – Aqua (YouTube)
- 14:00 to 14:50 – AKRacing (YouTube)
- 15:00 to 15:50 – Koei Tecmo Games: Dynasty Warriors 20th Anniversary Live Stream (YouTube, Niconico) – A look back on the series so far, special plans to celebrate the 20th anniversary, the announcement of two new Dynasty Warriors series titles, and more!
- 16:00 to 16:50 – Konami: Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! Yoshimoto Comedians Special Showdown (YouTube) – A live Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! showdown between comedians Tomonori Jinnai, Akira Kawashima (Kirin), and Colocolo Chittychitty Peppers.
- 17:00 to 18:50 – Bandai Namco Entertainment: Sword Art Online and Scarlet Nexus Special Program (YouTube)
- 19:00 – Japan Game Awards 2020: Day 2 (YouTube)
- 20:00 to 20:50 – KLab Games: Bleach: Brave Souls Bankai Live (YouTube) – Bleach: Brave Souls Bankai Live is coming to TGS 2020 Online! This program will have interactive elements like Co-Op Quests where viewers can play with the guests as well as all the latest Brave Souls news.
- 21:00 to 21:50 – miHoYo: Genshin Impact Pre-Launch Live Stream (YouTube) – A special program for TGS 2020 Online! On September 28, miHoYo will launch its new game Genshin Impact.
- 22:00 to 23:50 – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Japan eSports Conference 2020 (YouTube) – PUBG Corporation would like to display the development of eSports history in Japan, as well as the future initiatives. In addition, a custom match will be implemented to commemorate the conference.
- 24:00 – Ending: TGS 2020 Online Fan Meeting: Towards 2021 (YouTube) – Official program MC and official supporters will look back on TGS 2020 Online and talk about the outlook for TGS 2021. TGS 2020 Online invited TGS fans from the official supporters Hajime Syacho, as well as everyone who cooperated with TGS this time, and behind the scenes to support online operations, and looked back on the four-days of Tokyo Game Show from various perspectives. While talking about the outlook for 2021. Featuring Koji Watanabe, Kosuke Hiraiwa, Shouhei Taguchi, Hajime Syacho, and more.
- Block 2
- Block 3
Update 9/10/20 at 10:35 p.m.: Updated Square Enix and Koei Tecmo’s entries.
Update 9/16/20 at 2:50 a.m.: Updated Konami’s entries.