The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated the original No More Heroes for Switch.
No More Heroes first launched for Wii in December 2007. An enhanced version of the game, No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in April 2010.
Back in July 2019, Dengeki PlayStation asked No More Heroes series director Goichi “Suda 51” Suda if there were any plans to make previous entries in the series available on PlayStation 4, to which he responded, “Yes. We’re currently in talks with [intellectual property holder] Marvelous to make that happen. It’s in positive consideration, so I hope we’ll be able to make a good announcement.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Wii version western publisher Ubisoft:
No More Heroes tells the story of Travis Touchdown, an anime fan who lives in the fictional town of Santa Destroy, California. After an unexpected turn of events, Travis finds himself at the bottom of an Assassins’ organization. Travis will have to prove himself worthy and defeat 10 other bloodthirsty killers – all with deep stories of their own – to make his way to the top of the assassins league.
- Hack and Smash Your Way Through Santa Destroy, California – Unleash a lethal combination of sword slashes and wrestling moves in this fast paced third-person action game. Easy to learn, but challenging to master.
- Roam a Sand Box Universe in Full 3D – Immerse yourself in a modern, highly stylized world. Roam the city on foot or slide around corners on your speed bike.
- An Action Experience Unlike Any Other on Wii – Bring the pain and let your plasma-beam katana do the talking. You control the action with two Wii remote sensitive attack stances and an arsenal of close combat wrestling moves.
- Interactive Special Attacks and Over-The-Top Finishing Moves – Complete special moves by matching your Wii remote’s movements to the cues on screen. The crazier you finish off your opponent, the more cash you’ll earn for your efforts.
- Side Missions and Mini-Games – Complete side jobs for extra cash or just play them for fun. Features games like Pizza Delivery, Graffiti Blaster and Speed Bike Racing.
- Highly Stylized Environments and Gameplay – Features environments that are both stunning and stylish. Gameplay gives a nod to the classic arcade games of the 80s, as well as the games of tomorrow.