Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced the July 2020 lineup of free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers, which will be available from July 7 to August 3.
The lineup is as follows:
- NBA 2K20 (2K Games)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (Square Enix)
- Bonus Game: Erica (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
Additionally, to celebrate 10 years of PlayStation plus, Sony Interactive Entertainment will release a free PlayStation 4 theme later this week for a limited time. A free online multiplayer weekend will also run from July 4 at 12:01 a.m. to July 5 at 11:59 p.m. in your local time.
Sony Interactive Entertainment also shared the following snapshot of PlayStation Plus’ evolution through the years:
- June 29, 2010 – PlayStation Plus was introduced to the world.
- wipEout HD (PlayStation 3) was one of the first games given to PlayStation Plus members.
- June 2012 – Monthly games introduced.
- 64 games offered during the first year of PlayStation Plus’ monthly games.
- Over 1,000 games have been offered through PlayStation Plus globally (as of March 31, 2020).
- 41.5 million users (as of April 2020) – If PlayStation Plus was a country, it would have the 36th largest population in the world.
- Top five monthly games redeemed from PlayStation Plus globally – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Sonic Forces, Shadow of the Colossus, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Destiny 2.
- Top five online multiplayer games played by PlayStation Plus members globally – Grand Theft Auto V, Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Destiny, and Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII.