SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on June 23, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Purple Lamp Studios announced.
Digital pre-orders are available now for Xbox One via the Microsoft Store and PC via Steam. Switch pre-orders will open via the Nintendo eShop on April 21. PlayStation 4 pre-orders will follow via the PlayStation Store at a later date.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills.
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots.
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series.
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created.
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay.
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and offline.
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more.