Bounty Battle, an indie characters fighting game for up to four players first funded on Fig, will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam this summer, publisher Merge Games and developer Dark Screen Games announced.
Bounty Battle will be available in standard physical and digital editions, as well as a “Signature Edition” for PlayStation 4 and Switch, which is available for pre-order now via the Signature Edition Store. The Signature Edition includes the following:
- Region free copy of Bounty Battle on the console of your choice.
- Four limited edition enamel pins featuring Bounty Battle fighters: Atlas, Lazarus, Lilith, and Tyran.
- Numbered collector’s certificate, printed with the developers’ signatures.
- 34-page booklet detailing the combatants featured in Bounty Battle.
- Sturdy “Sierra” box with foam insert.
- Outer sleeve featuring alternative artwork.
Here is an overview of the game, via Merge Games:
Bounty Battle is the ultimate indie fighting game—a new 2D fighter, where you can pit your favorite Indie heroes against one another. Indie heroes from games like Guacamelee!, Dead Cells, Darkest Dungeon, Owlboy, and more battle it out in this fighter frenzy. Bounty Battle features over 25 fighters from over 20 different indie games and each fighter comes with their own Minion companion and unique abilities. Battle across levels inspired from the fighters’ native game worlds with up to three other players.
Bounty Battle showcases your favorite characters from these beloved indie games:
- Axiom Verge
- Battle Chasers Nightwar
- Blocks that Matter
- Blubber Busters
- Darkest Dungeon
- Dead Cells
- Death’s Gambit
- Doko Roko
- Nuclear Throne
- Ruin of the Reckless
- SteamWorld Dig
- Super Comboman
- The Bug Butcher
- Tower of Samsara
- A host of game modes including a Story Mode, Couch Multiplayer, Practice, and Tutorial to discover your style.
- Over 20 characters from your favorite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks.
- Each fighter has their very own minion to summon and join the fight.
- Over 10 arenas to battle on—some plucked from the worlds of their fighters.
- Multiple color and palette swap options to fight in style!
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.