Following its PlayStation 4 launch in November 2019, the PC version of Death Stranding will launch via Steam and the Epic Games Store for $59.99, as well as at retail via the Day 1 physical edition for $69.99 on June 2, publisher 505 Games and developer Kojima Productions announced.
The PC version will also add features such as a photo mode, high frame rate, and ultra-wide monitor support, as well as content from Valve‘s Half-Life series.
Pre-orders for the PC version of Death Stranding include the following content:
- HD Wallpapers
- “Sam” sunglasses (Chiral Gold and Omnireflector)
- Cap (Chiral Gold and Omnireflector)
- Gold and Silver Speed Skeleton
- Gold and Silver Armor Plate
All copies of the game will also additionally include:
- Death Stranding Official Score Expanded Edition digital soundtrack by Ludvig Forssell, including 10 unreleased bonus tracks
- “Selections From ‘The Art of Death Stranding‘” digital book (by Titan Books)
- Ludens Mask Sunglasses (Chiral Gold and Omnireflector)
- Gold and Silver Power Skeleton
- Gold and Silver All-Terrain Skeleton
- Gold and Silver Armor Plate LV2
The Day 1 physical edition, which retails for $69.99, includes all of the above content, as well as a Steelbook slip case and new Steelbook artwork.
Here is an overview of the game, via 505 Games:
Developed by Kojima Productions, Death Stranding was one of the most anticipated projects of the last decade. Starring Norman Reedus as Sam Bridges, the game takes place in the near future, where mysterious explosions have rocked the planet, setting off a series of supernatural events known as the Death Stranding. With spectral creatures plaguing the landscape, and the planet on the verge of a mass extinction, it’s up to Sam to journey across the ravaged wasteland to save mankind from impending annihilation.
The groundbreaking experience from legendary game creator Hideo Kojima also features the acting and voice talents of Mads Mikkelsen and Lea Seydoux.
Watch a new trailer below. Visit the PC version official website here.