Metal Max Xeno: Reborn will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch on March 26, 2020 in Japan for 6,480 yen, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals. A 9,980 yen limited edition will also be available.
The magazine also reveals the following new information:
- The appearance of the world has changed from its existing near future-esque look to something that matches the tone of the game.
- Numerous enemies will appear on the field.
- Remains exploration has been renewed. With three characters and one animal, the feel of exploration has expanded, and immersion and tension have increased.
- Battles use a “Dynamic Multi-Range Battle” system. You can now attack according to your distance from the enemy. There are long, short, and normal ranges.
- Long: A preemptive strike on an unaware enemy.
- Short: A surprise melee attack from behind the enemy.
- Normal: After the long attack, you can do normal attacks.
- In battle, players select a command for each character’s turn that arrives, with turns advancing in real-time.
- Battles are faster than the previous game.
- These dynamic battles will bring humans, vehicles, and dogs together as one.
Read more about the game here.