The August-announced Hastune Miku smartphone game Project Sekai is officially titled Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku, Sega announced. A release date was not announced.
Here are the first details, via its official website:
“Sekai,” a place where “true feelings” can be discovered—.
Shibuya, Tokyo. In a city where young people gather and sub-culture centered on music thrives, a girl was looking up at the enormous LCD screen at the intersection. She saw the virtual singer “Hatsune Miku” and muttered.
“She’s amazing, that Miku… she can do anything.”
When she returns home, the girl looks at her smartphone and notices it has a song called “Untitled.” Wondering where it came from, she played the song, only to then be surrounded by a white light and arrive at an unknown place.
In front of the surprised girl stood Hatsune Miku.
“Welcome to Sekai!”
Miku reached out to the perplexed girl and smiled.
“Let’s sing together!”
The curtain rises on a story of boys and girls who will discover their “true feelings” and “songs all their own.”
A mysterious world different from the real world, where various “true feelings” are projected. There are as many Sekai as there are emotions, and its form changes depending on the person’s emotions.
Beings represented by virtual singers in the real world, which sing songs made by creators around the world. In Sekai, their appearance changes based on the person’s emotion, and they help the person to discover their “true feelings.”
A silent song with no melody or lyrics, born at the same time as Sekai. It plays a key role in that it leads to Sekai. When a person discovers their “true feelings” and sings with Miku and friends, those feelings transform into a song that is titled for the first time.
- Hatsune Miku (voiced by Saki Fujita)
- Luka Megurine (voiced by Yuu Asakawa)
- Rin Kagamine (voiced by Asami Shimoda)
- Meiko (voiced by Meiko Haigou)
- Kaito (voiced by Naoto Fuuga)
- Ichika Hoshino (voiced by Noguchi Ruriko)
- Saki Tenma (voiced by Karin Isobe)
- Honami Mochizuki (voiced by Reina Ueda)
- Shiho Hinomori (voiced by Yuki Nakashima)
- Minori Hanasato (voiced by Yui Ogura)
- Haruka Kiritani (voiced by Mayu Yoshioka)
- Airi Momomi (voiced by Ai Furihata)
- Shizuku Hinomori (voiced by Rina Honnizumi)
- Kohane Azusawa (voiced by Akina)
- An Shiraishi (voiced by Tomomi Jiena Sumi)
- Akito Shinonome (voiced by Fumiya Imai)
- Toya Aoyagi (voiced by Kento Itou)
- Tsukasa Tenma (voiced by Daisuke Hirose)
- Emu Otori (voiced by Hina Kino)
- Nene Kusanagi (voiced by Machico)
- Rui Kamishiro (voiced by Shun’ichi Toki)
- Kanade Yoisaki (voiced by Tomori Kusunoki)
- Mafuyu Asahina (voiced by Rui Tanabe)
- Ena Shinonome (voiced by Minori Suzuki)
- Mizuki Akiyama (voiced by Hinata Satou)
Real World and Sekai
Go back and forth between two worlds via “Untitled.”
New Rhythm Game System
Tap, slide, and flick to match new free-form rhythm notes. Additionally, numerous “original 3D music videos” are included. (Some songs are 2D Mode-only.)
Numerous Songs from Notable Creators
The game will feature a wide range of songs, from the staple songs of the Project DIVA series to the latest and up-and-coming popular songs. Numerous newly written songs are also included. Here are a few of the songs featured:
- “Just Be Friends” by Dixie Flatline
- “Sweet Magic” by Junky
- “Viva Happy” by Mitchie M
- “Miracle Paint” by OSTER project
- “Rettou Joutou” by Reol and Giga
- “Roki” by Mikoto-P
- Theme Song #1 written by Giga & Michie M
- Theme Song #2
- and more…
Enjoy concerts wearing various costumes. There are even color variations. (Some costumes do not have any color variations.)
A Wide Range of Difficulties
From advanced players to first-time rhythm game players, anyone can enjoy this game. There is even a new “Master” difficulty. The full list of difficulty options are as follows:
Fully Voiced Story
Enjoy a story told through Live 2D visuals prepared for each unit, including the Virtual Singers such as Miku.
One More Major New Feature
Details to be announced at a later date.
Watch the trailers below.