The PlayStation 4 version of Song of Memories will launch on February 1 in North America and Europe, and the Switch version has been cancelled due to “development complications,” publisher PQube announced.
Here is the statement from PQube, via Rice Digital:
Today, PQube announces the release date of the romantic visual novel Song of Memories on PlayStation 4. The love story that turned the Japanese genre upside down with its surprising twist releases worldwide on February 1. While the PlayStation 4 version and the special Encore Edition are confirmed, we regrettably had to cancel the Nintendo Switch version of the game. Unfortunately, Song of Memories can’t be brought to a functioning level of quality our fans demand on the Switch due to development complications.
In a tweet earlier this week, PQube said, “Content-wise, [the western version of Song of Memories] is the same as the Japanese version, in terms of localization, ages have been removed from the characters, and the term School has been changed to Academy. This was to placate age rating boards and has nothing to do with recent platform holder changes.”
Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
A romantic visual novel with a dark and sinister underbelly. Discover the thrills of finding your soulmate in Japan’s iconic musical love story, and prepare to fight for your love in the most testing of times, as an apocalyptic virus begins sweeping across the world and threatens to infect those closest to you.
- Become the Most Popular Guy Around – Romance six gorgeous girls and reshape the story around your chosen one true love – with multiple endings up for grabs.
- A Cast Bursting with Life – Forget static visual novel conversations: Fully animated characters move and react to one another’s lines, all voiced by the original Japanese cast across more than 40 hours of audio.
- A Deep, Dark Secret to Uncover – Don’t be fooled by the colorful exterior: Song Of Memories is a tale of love in the early days of a monster apocalypse! Can you discover the truth and save the love of your life?
- An Adventure that Defies Expectations – Song Of Memories combines all the best parts of visual novels with rhythm-action and light role-playing systems to offer surprises at every turn.
- Complex, Branching Storylines – Your decisions affect what happens! Keep track of every single twist and turn with the storyline tracker, which lets you revisit choices and explore different outcomes.
- A Musical Masterpiece – Discover an incredible, original soundtrack that fills more than four audio CDs, and harness those tunes yourself in an intense rhythm-action battle system.
Watch a new trailer below.