Following its January 11, 2019 western release date announcement earlier today, Bandai Namco has announced that Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition will launch in Japan on the same date. The physical edition will only be available for PlayStation 4 and Switch, while the Xbox One and PC versions will be digital-only.
In addition to the 5,700 yen standard edition, an 11,000 yen first-print “10th Anniversary Edition” will also be available. It will include:
- A special box with artwork by Kousuke Fujishima
- 10th Anniversary Edition reversible box art
- Hardcover Memorial Art Book full of 10th anniversary content, including character illustrations and more
- Anniversary double acrylic plate featuring the characters of Brave Vesperia
- Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike Blu-ray disc with bonus original new video content
- New video bonus #1: “Special Dramatic Skit: Reunion” – The party reunites after the events of the game. Hear the thoughts of fellow characters that you wouldn’t hear otherwise.
- New video bonus #2: Short Anime “Tales of Home Room ~Vesperia~” – A new short animation depicting the characters’ summer vacation.
Early purchases of both the standard and limited editions (for the digital version, the purchase must be made before February 7, 2019) will include a serial code for the “Special Dramatic Skit ~Celebration! 10th Anniversary~,” in which Yuri and the others talk among each other about the 10th anniversary of Tales of Vesperia. The serial code can be entered on a special page on the Tales Channel+ website.