The next project from Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda and his genDesign studio is currently underway and will rival the scale of his previous works, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
Here are the tidbits from Weekly Famitsu’s interview with Ueda:
- “We’re in a stage of various trials. This stage we’re in, where we’re actually making our ideas to test if they’re interesting or not, is being supported by Kowloon Nights (a game fund), so we’re proceeding with prototyping.”
- “We’re working out the core parts first, and from there we’ll make it into a stable product. That’ss our challenge this time.”
- “What we’re making now doesn’t feel like an indie game. We’re ultimately aiming for something on the scale of Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian.”
- “If larger-scale development becomes of interest to us, then I think we will significantly expand our development system and take it to a large-scale development team to make it a big game.”
- “This will be a completely new title, not a sequel.”